Execute job from TAC using JobServer

Six Stars

Execute job from TAC using JobServer

Hi,
I'm trying to execute a simple talend job (using tJava to print Hello World) from the TAC, but when i clicked on RUN (in the Job conductor menu) i got this message : Connection to server failed , despite my server is UP !

- Talend version : Talend Data Integration 6.1.1
Here the screenshot of the server

Here the screenshot of the job

Any help much appreciated
Best regards,
Amine

Re: Execute job from TAC using JobServer

Hi,
What's the browser you are using to open your TAC? Have you tried it on other browsers to see if it works?

Is there any more error message which is located in <ServersInstallationPath>\apache-tomcat-XXX\logs.?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

So it's the runtime server that's unavailable. Have you checked it's running in the servers tab?
Sorry missed the picture of the server.
Six Stars

Hi,
Thanks for your reply is much appreciated Smiley Happy

@janhess2 : I'm using the job server not the runtime server and the server is UP in the servers tab.
@Sabrina : I tried  it on Chrome, IE and firefox, unfortunately none worked (got the same error : Connection to server failed).
I ran the job from the TAC (today : 2016-04-22) and i couldn't find any recent log file in the <ServersInstallationPath>\apache-tomcat\logs!
Why I am not able to see any informations in the log panel ?! 

Thanks for your help,
Amine
Six Stars

I found a log file here :  C:\Windows\System32\jobserver.log
Why this log file is located in this path and not  in  <ServersInstallationPath>\apache-tomcat\logs  ???
Here is the error message in the log file :
2016-04-22 15:23:28,571 INFO  TalendJobServer - =========== JobServer successfully started ===========
2016-04-22 15:24:43,690 WARN  CommandServerSocket - Exception when trying to run job 20160422_152440_mFmdI (XXXXXX): Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
2016-04-22 15:24:43,698 ERROR MultiSocketServer - org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:108)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.startReadInputStreamLoop(AbstractServerSocket.java:44)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.start(AbstractServerSocket.java:33)
at org.talend.remote.server.MultiSocketServer$3.run(MultiSocketServer.java:277)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.runJob(CommandServerSocket.java:700)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.processRequest(CommandServerSocket.java:228)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.processRequestInternal(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:143)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:87)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.runJob(CommandServerSocket.java:682)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 11 more

Can anyone tell me why talend is trying to create a process here:  C:\Windows\system32\.\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXXXXXX_20160422_152440_mFmdI\XXXXXXXXX
Thanks for you help
Six Stars

I changed the path of the log file (By default is saved to C:\windows\system32)
by changing this ( log4j.xml)
<param name="File"   value="jobserver.log" />

to
<param name="File"   value="MY PATH/jobserver.log" />

and the directory path to the Talend jobserver files (TalendJobServer.properties)
By default is saved to C:\windows\system32\TalendJobServersFiles
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.config.JobServerConfiguration.ROOT_PATH=MY PATH/jobserverfiles

but when i ran the job from the TAC i got the same error 
13:31:10,343 WARN  CommandServerSocket - Exception when trying to run job 20160425_133105_O0A8f (XXXXXX): Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\TalendDI_Server\6.1.1\jobserver\Log_TAC\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXX_XXXXXX_20160425_133105_O0A8f\XXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
13:31:10,352 ERROR MultiSocketServer - org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\TalendDI_Server\6.1.1\jobserver\Log_TAC\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXX_XXXXXX_20160425_133105_O0A8f\XXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "\"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_77\\bin\\java.exe\"" (in directory "C:\TalendDI_Server\6.1.1\jobserver\Log_TAC\TalendJobServersFiles\repository\XXXXXX_XXXXXX_20160425_133105_O0A8f\XXXXXX"): CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:108)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.startReadInputStreamLoop(AbstractServerSocket.java:44)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.start(AbstractServerSocket.java:33)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

it's not about right, i'm admin on my machine.
Anyone had the same problem or an idea to solve it ?
Thanks for your help

Hi,
Would you mind reporting a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for your reply is much appreciated Smiley Happy

@janhess2 : I'm using the job server not the runtime server and the server is UP in the servers tab.

In TAC when you click run it runs it on the server you deployed it to.
Six Stars

Hi, 
@janhess2 : generate and deploy job works fine, my problem is when i click on run.
Now i'm getting this error 
2016-04-26 14:16:05,790 ERROR CommandServerSocket - Can't create the execution logs directory for the execution=20160426141605_EmuGP with the path 'C:\TalendDI_Server\6.1.1\jobserver\Log_TAC\TalendJobServersFiles\jobexecutions/logs/20160426141605_EmuGP'
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at java.nio.file.Files.setPosixFilePermissions(Files.java:2044)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.setAllPermissionsForDirExecLogPath(CommandServerSocket.java:727)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.runJob(CommandServerSocket.java:628)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.processRequest(CommandServerSocket.java:228)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.processRequestInternal(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:143)
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:87)

like i said it's not about right because i'm admin on my machine.
Thanks for your help
One Star

Six Stars

Hi,
@janhess2 :thanks for your reply! 

i'm still not able to execute the job