Four Stars

Execute a job in jobServer without TAC

Hello,

I would like to execute a job stored in jobServer but without TAC. We use a Professionnal version 6.3.1.

I explain why: we are a commercial boat company and we have one jobServer on each ship, and one TAC in the office to centralize all deployments and supervision. I would like to execute jobs from an external application executed on the same server as the jobServer.

It's not possible for us to have an application on the ship that will send a request to the TAC and then the tac execute the job on jobServer on board because the connection between office and ships during crossing is unstable.

I've already read this :
https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/How-to-trigger-jobs-on-Jobserver-without...

But I don't know if there is a change on version 6.3 and I don't understand why it's not possible to execute remotely a job in a jobServer. How the tac communicate with the jobServer ? Can I simulate the order/request that the TAC send to jobServer ?

Regards,

4 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Execute a job in jobServer without TAC

Hi,

I think you should go for option 2 in your link: generate the job archive from the Studio and launch the .bat/.sh depending on your OS directly from your application.

You could probably find the generated files from the JobServer Repository on the server if you don't want to deploy "manually".

From my point of view, it's by far the easiest method. Easier than trying to simulate a request to the job server Smiley Happy

Regards

Four Stars

Hi Lennelei,

Thx for your reply.

In this case, we don't use what we paid for, the TAC and it's features(except deployment).

As you say we can use the .sh that are put in jobServer directory during deployment, but in this configuration we can't monitor executions with the tac.

More than that, It's easier to pass parameters by request than changing values in .properties before each execution.

Real pb for us.

Five Stars

Hi,

Please note that I do not work for Talend Smiley Happy maybe you could request a new feature from Talend Support?

If you use the files put on the JobServer after deployment, you'll be able to setup parameters on the TAC.

The "only" missing feature will then be the job monitoring and I don't see how you could easily monitor executions with an unstable connection and without using TAC to start your jobs!

One option would be to understand the model of the TAC database and manually insert data but I really don't think that's a good idea for obvious reasons Smiley Happy

Another option could be to use automatic stats and logs catchers for your job, store data in files and automatically retrieve those files whenever your boat got a connection. You might then insert them in a AMC database and "monitor" your jobs from here or insert them in your own database to have a specific monitoring.

Personally, I would go for the second option (unless Talend is able to provide another option). It will ask you some work but once ready, you'll have something perfectly adapted to your specific environment.

Regards
Four Stars

Hi,

Thx again for your answers Lennelei,
I don't think there is an easy solution. If the jobServer can be requested remotely I could have informations about executions.

The start job order would have been requested by an onboard application, so no pb with the connection at this time.

I will ask Talend support with the professionnal account but I suppose they don't have an other solution.