Exchange - Component made by Talend Component Kit

Six Stars

Exchange - Component made by Talend Component Kit

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a documentation or discussion about the custom component distribution on Talend Exchange which was made by the Talend Component Kit.

As far as I could see there are only JavaJet components uploaded there. The components made with the new component framework requires different steps to install and it isn't covered in the documentation I checked:

I think currently the process for it is, zipping up the component artifacts (definition and runtime) upload to the Exchange and when someone like to download it, (s)he should proceed with using the steps (4-8) from the Talend Component Kit: Building the component in the Studio

Also on Talend Open Studio 6.5.1 the workaround should be applied for the custom components discussed in Component definition is not added to the job's classpath in Talend 6.5.1

- Is there a streamlined way for the Community users to upload / download components which utilized the Talend Component Kit?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance,

Zoltán

Accepted Solutions

Re: Exchange - Component made by Talend Component Kit

Hello,

So far, there is no streamlined way for community users to install components from Talend component kit from Talend Exchange.

We have reported your streamlined installation requirement to Documentation team and will keep you posted.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Hello Zoltán,

In the current version of Talend Component Kit, the only way to build the component in the Studio is the one you mentioned in your post “…using the steps (4-8) from the Talend Component Kit: Building the component in the Studio. ” So as Sabrina mentioned in her reply, there is no streamlined way yet for the installation.

But as explained at the beginning of the tutorial to which you are referencing – Developing a component using Talend Component Kit,

we are still making more enhancements and important changes to Talend Component Kit for its first major stable version. One main target of these enhancements is actually to bring better (streamlined) installation experience of user-developed components in the Studio.

We hope to bring this streamlined approach to light as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest and hope to help you more.

Yudong 

All Replies
Six Stars

Does anyone has experience on this custom component distribution which was made by Talend Component Kit or am I alone with this? :/

Thanks!

Hello,

So far, there is no streamlined way for community users to install components from Talend component kit from Talend Exchange.

We have reported your streamlined installation requirement to Documentation team and will keep you posted.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Sad news Smiley Sad but thanks for the information Sabrina!

Best regards,
Zoltán
Employee

Hello Zoltán,

In the current version of Talend Component Kit, the only way to build the component in the Studio is the one you mentioned in your post “…using the steps (4-8) from the Talend Component Kit: Building the component in the Studio. ” So as Sabrina mentioned in her reply, there is no streamlined way yet for the installation.

But as explained at the beginning of the tutorial to which you are referencing – Developing a component using Talend Component Kit,

we are still making more enhancements and important changes to Talend Component Kit for its first major stable version. One main target of these enhancements is actually to bring better (streamlined) installation experience of user-developed components in the Studio.

We hope to bring this streamlined approach to light as soon as possible.

Thanks for your interest and hope to help you more.

Yudong 

Six Stars

Hi Yudong,

I really appreciate the follow-up on this topic. I hope the new enhancements and changes to Talend Component Kit is about to be released in the near future! Smiley Happy

I'm looking forward to it. Robot wink

Thanks again for your reply!

Best regards,

Zoltán