Exception in component talendStats_DB with Oracle 11gR2

One Star

Exception in component talendStats_DB with Oracle 11gR2

Hi,
I'm using TOS v5.2.0 on Windows 2008 Server R2 with Oracle 11g R2.
I have create TALN_STAT_CATC2 table to save the statcatcher information in Oracle (see attachment).
I'm describe in project configuration the 'stats and logs' configuration (see attachement).
(It's the same without pojectconfiguration...).
I have create a simple job with tMsgBox using project parameter for 'stats and logs' and I have NullPointerException (see attachment).
I don't understand the reason.
I can read data on TALN_STAT_CATC2 from TALEND with my connection, but when I using this connection to write (stat & logs) I have this error.
If you have an idea :-(
Thank's in advance.
Regards
Seventeen Stars

Re: Exception in component talendStats_DB with Oracle 11gR2

One often happened reason for NullPointerException is:
A table column is configured as not nullable and the input value is nullable. That cause an automatic unboxing of an object wrapper (e.g. Integer) to the simple data type int. But if the input value is null this unboxing failed with an NullPointerException. You can experience this also in the tMap component.
One Star

Thanks for your reply.
All columns of my table are nullable (see last attachment).

Since I have modify my metadata (oracle 11) for using SID in place of service name => As the same result.
I have testing whith the latest version of TOS (v5.1.2r90681) an recreate all of parts of my project with "Stat's & log" parameter => And It's work perfectly if I testing many times until I restart TOS.
Since I have restarting, I have the same problem when I'm using "Stat's & log" parameter:
"Exception in component talendStats_DB
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.talendStats_STATSProcess(job_squelette_source.java:1654)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.runJobInTOS(job_squelette_source.java:2927)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.main(job_squelette_source.java:2797)
connecting to socket on port 3731
connected
Exception in component talendStats_DB
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.talendStats_STATSProcess(job_squelette_source.java:1654)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.runJobInTOS(job_squelette_source.java:2966)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.main(job_squelette_source.java:2797)
disconnected"
My job is a simple job with only one tMsgBox component.
I have create another job with tMsgBox and StatCatcher component without using "Stat's & log" parameter.
And It work perfectly.
My jobs:
tMsgBox
tStatCatcher -> tMap -> tOracleOutput
It's very very strange.
To resums, It's work perfectly when using catcher components (stat, log, flowmeter) in my job without "Stat's & log" parameter...
I don't understand where is the problem.
If you have an idea... :-((
Community Manager

Hi
Please upload a screenshot of Stats&logs panel under Job settings.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
See attachment.
Community Manager

Hi
This problem caused by the settings of this panel, to confirm our guess, uncheck these box 'Use statistics (tstatcatcher)' and 'Use logs' ..., and execute the job again, check the problem still exists.
To resolve the problem, check the setting of DB parameters, the tables already exist?
One Star

Hi,
I have no problem when I'm uncheck these box to execut my job. It's the same when desactivate catcher.
When I'm using these tables with component tStatCatcher, tMap and tOracleOutput in place of "Stats & logs" parameter it's work perfectly (see attachment).
What do you mean by "check the setting of DB parameters" ?
All tables exists. I can read and write on these tables with the connection describe in the screnshot on my last post (cnx_DEV_SUPR).
The problem is only appear when using "Stats & log" parameter (in a job or in the project parameter)...
Do you have an idea?
One Star

Hi,
We have no idea ?

I'll have to using tstatcatcher component for each jobs without using "stats & log" parameter ?
It's to bad.
Community Manager

Not sure it was a bug or not, I am going to test it in my side, update you soon!
One Star

Hi,
I'll confirm you it's a bug.
I'm thinks that, because, if I using TOS v4.1.2r53616 with exactly the same job and configuration ("Stats & log" parameter projects and Oracle 11 with SID configuration) It's working without error.
Even after restart TOS and server.
It's not the case with TOS v5.1.2r90681. I have my error after restart TOS...
It's to strange. Very strange.
I do open a ticket on BugTracker?
One Star

Plop.
It's not a bug. Sorry for the last post.
After working correctly one hour on Talend v4.1.2 the result as the same with Talend v5.1.2 (using simple job with a tMsgBox and "Stats & logs" project parameters) :
"Exception in component talendStats_DB
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.talendStats_STATSProcess(job_squelette_source.java:1595)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.runJobInTOS(job_squelette_source.java:2843)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.main(job_squelette_source.java:2716)
connecting to socket on port 3525
connected
Exception in component talendStats_DB
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.talendStats_STATSProcess(job_squelette_source.java:1595)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.runJobInTOS(job_squelette_source.java:2880)
at sidarrg.job_squelette_source_0_1.job_squelette_source.main(job_squelette_source.java:2716)
disconnected"
It's very strange...
See my configuration : 2 Servers on Windows 2008 R2 64bits
* 1 server with :
Business Objects R3
Talend v4.1.2, v5.1.2
Java 1.6.0.34 (with environment variable JAVA_HOME : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_34 and Path : ...;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin).
Oracle 11g R2 client 32Bits (32bits is necessary for Business Objects...).
SQLDevelopper
*1 Server with Oracle 11gR2.
On Talend I'm using Oracle 11 connection by SID (the result as the same with service name).
The connection working. I have only an error when using "Stats & logs" project parameter or "Stats & logs" job parameter (localy in job without using project parameter).
It's working when using component statcatcher and others directly in my job with tMap and tOracleOutput components...
I search since 3 days without solution. :-((
If you have an Idea.
One Star

Hi olivierjurine,

I know it is an old post. But I'm facing same problem on my project suddenly.

Did you figure out a solution for this problem?  Thanks