Exception in component talendStats_DB: java.lang.NullPointerException

One Star

Exception in component talendStats_DB: java.lang.NullPointerException

Dears,
I'm getting the above exception, in every job while trying to run.
Please note, job is executing successfully but give me this exception.
No change happened in server environment or jobs (Till yesterday everything was ok). I have Talend 5.0 on Windows Server 2008.
Exception in component talendStats_DB
java.lang.NullPointerException
at dw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.talendStats_STATSProcess(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:2243)
at dw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.runJobInTOS(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:3604)
at dw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.main(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:3474)
connected
Exception in component talendStats_DB
java.lang.NullPointerException
at dw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.talendStats_STATSProcess(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:2243)
at dw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.runJobInTOS(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:3642)
at d errw_first_load.dw_barcode_vend_0_1.DW_BARCODE_VEND.main(DW_BARCODE_VEND.java:3474)
But, if there is any error happened in a job. I can't check it from Log_Catcher any more
select *
from dbo.log_Catcher
where moment>='2016-06-20 00:00:55.940' 
order by moment desc
Please advice what could be the reason for this exception.

Re: Exception in component talendStats_DB: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,
Did you set any Stats&Logs in job review or project setting before? This issue repro on all your jobs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Thanks for reply.
Yes, we have this option set in project setting. Since 5 years, and I would like to continue with it.
This is my first time to get this error, and yes this error is coming for all jobs.

Hi,
The stat log DB connection is Ok with you now? Could you please try to output your log info into a file instead of DB to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I tried, file option is working without error only DB option throw NULL POINTER exception.
Also, I tried a new test project on the same Talend (I set projects  Stat&Logs setting to both Files & DB and in the Test project and it
is working ok, only production existing project corrupted). 
I'm looking to fix this exception ASAP, as we have scheduled job status emails, which checking Stat_Catcher & Log_Catcher tables in DB.
Please advice.

Hi,
From your investigation, this issue is probably caused by this DB connection. Have you tried to successfully connect to this DB directly?
Did you make any change for this stat log table? Are you using talend subscription version 5.0?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina, 
Nothing changed in Stat_Log tables, and please note the other TEST project, I created is inserting statistics data to the same Stat_Catcher & Log_Catcher DB tables & same DB successfully.
I start to doubt may be libraries included in my production project got corrupted. I'm checking this function talendStats_STATSProcess
which is throwing this exception, trying to get which library is calling but no success. 
Also, on same Talend and same DB & same tables other project is working ok!!!

Hi,
Are you trying to  execute your job from outside studio (probably on different machine)?
We suppose that it is failing due to invalid database connection details configured in the project settings section. Would you mind sharing your database connection details in projecting setting about  talendStats_DB?

Best regards
Sabrina
--