Exception in component tOracleSCD Invalid argument(s) in call: Use setNull for user-defined types and REF types

Five Stars

Exception in component tOracleSCD Invalid argument(s) in call: Use setNull for user-defined types and REF types

Hello,

Note: I'm using ojdbc7 (Oracle 12c) 

I reading an Oracle Blob (as byte[]), and when trying to write a null value through  tOracleSCD I'm getting this error:

Starting job Stg1Led_Norma at 19:07 30/06/2017.
[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3370
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tOracleSCD_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument(s) in call: Use setNull(int parameterIndex, int sqlType, String typeName) for user-defined types and REF types
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNullCritical(OraclePreparedStatement.java:5937)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNull(OraclePreparedStatement.java:5818)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.setNull(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1292)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.tOracleInput_3Process(Stg1Led_Norma.java:8375)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.tOracleInput_1Process(Stg1Led_Norma.java:1890)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.tOracleRow_2Process(Stg1Led_Norma.java:9858)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.tOracleRow_1Process(Stg1Led_Norma.java:9669)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.runJobInTOS(Stg1Led_Norma.java:10602)
at dw_dileg.stg1led_norma_0_1.Stg1Led_Norma.main(Stg1Led_Norma.java:10212)
[statistics] disconnected
Job Stg1Led_Norma ended at 19:08 30/06/2017. [exit code=1]

The failing java code is :

if (NovosOrigemSCD.TEXTOATUALIZADO == null) {
insertionStatement_tOracleSCD_1
.setNull(
java.sql.Types.ARRAY);
} else {
insertionStatement_tOracleSCD_1
.setBytes(
NovosOrigemSCD.TEXTOATUALIZADO);
}

How can I change the code to use java.sql.Types.BLOB and setBlob instead setBytes?

Thanks,

Flavio.

FLAVIO LUIZ VANI

Re: Exception in component tOracleSCD Invalid argument(s) in call: Use setNull for user-defined types and REF types

Hi,

Could you please post your component tOracleSCD setting screenshot here? In this way, we can get more information from your attachment.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Exception in component tOracleSCD Invalid argument(s) in call: Use setNull for user-defined types and REF types

Hi,

Hope this image can help:details.png

FLAVIO LUIZ VANI
Five Stars

Hi,

Any clues?

Thanks,
Flávio.
FLAVIO LUIZ VANI

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads