One Star

Exception in component tHDFSInput

Hello, everyone.

I am new to Talend and I am trying to download and process a file from Hadoop with the component tHDFSInput. Whenever I try to use it, a warning sign appears on the graphic editor and when I try to launch it, it will give me this error:

org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors 
At least job "HadoopETL" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 894
Detail Message: Syntax error, insert "}" to complete Block
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:326)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(DefaultRunProcessService.java:380)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(RunProcessService.java:292)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:634)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:523)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1413)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$1.run(RunProcessContext.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:527)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1190)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.exec(RunProcessContext.java:531)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.ProcessComposite.exec(ProcessComposite.java:1450)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.views.ProcessView$RunAction.run(ProcessView.java:691)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.actions.RunProcessAction.run(RunProcessAction.java:58)
	at org.talend.designer.core.debug.JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.run(JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3774)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3412)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

And indeed, when looking at the Code section, there is not only one but two brackets missing. I tried launching the job from the Java code, with those 2 brackets in and it worked. But I can't seem to get it done with the graphical editor.

Anybody know how to fix this ?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Exception in component tHDFSInput

Hi
Which version of Talend Big Data product are you using? What is JDK version?

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Re: Exception in component tHDFSInput

Hello,

And please check your "Code" tab in your job when you get some compile errors. There will be your compile error highlighted in red line.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.