Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1 java.lang.NullPointerException error (partial output)

Six Stars

Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1 java.lang.NullPointerException error (partial output)

My output file has 385 fields and 125,151 records. (Pipe delimited text file, tFileOutputDelimited use append because there is a template file for the column headers)

I built the talend job and run in jams,and got error:

Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1  java.lang.NullPointerException error

I checked the output folder and the output file is there, but only has 18,000 records.

In talend job, I set the tMap: Store temp data on disk=true and Max buffer size=5000

in the advanced setting of Run job: check the "Use specific JVM arguments and set Xms1024M and Xmx4096M; 

It runs well before when there is only 350 fields. After adding 35 more fields, it got problem.

Please help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1 java.lang.NullPointerException error (partial output)

Can you share the sample job please.. it is nothing to do with additional fields. There could be multiple reasons:

1) Some field name is matching with Talend keywords

2) Some field expecting values (not nullable fields) but got NULL values in that

All Replies
Employee

Re: Exception in component tFileOutputDelimited_1 java.lang.NullPointerException error (partial output)

Can you share the sample job please.. it is nothing to do with additional fields. There could be multiple reasons:

1) Some field name is matching with Talend keywords

2) Some field expecting values (not nullable fields) but got NULL values in that

Thirteen Stars

would you mind to post your job here?

Manohar B

Hello,

Screenshots of your job setting will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

sjain: you are right. I run the job again with a filter branchID=1 (2000 records only) in talend studio and got the same error. I will double check the expression of the addition fields.

Thank you all for kind help.

Six Stars

Finally I figured out the problem. One field has null value and length() function got error in Talend when it is null

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.