One Star

Exception in component tFTPFileList

Hello,
I am very new to Talend, and ETL in general, I am trying to get familiar with the components and I am having issues with the tFTPFileList component. I have a very simple flow, I have a connection, file list and file get. It 'seems' that the connection is working, I get an 'ok' and it moves onto the file list, and that is where all h*** breaks loose. I get the message listed below. I have test the connection manually using filezilla with no issues and have tried multiple ftp hosts.
So... I am asking, nah, pleading for even the smallest sliver of light on where I might find even the remotest hint of what this might be.
Thanks,
Oh, and Java is not my first language..lol

Starting job Copy_of_Db2Db at 21:45 31/08/2012.
connecting to socket on port 3360
Exception in component tFTPFileList_1
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.ControlChannelIOException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.writeCommand(FTPControlSocket.java:993)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.sendCommand(FTPControlSocket.java:970)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.setDataPort(FTPControlSocket.java:790)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.sendPORTCommand(FTPControlSocket.java:646)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocketActive(FTPControlSocket.java:593)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocket(FTPControlSocket.java:560)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.setupDataSocket(FTPClient.java:2561)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.dir(FTPClient.java:3468)
at mall_report.copy_of_db2db_0_1.Copy_of_Db2Db.tFTPFileList_1Process(Copy_of_Db2Db.java:392)
at mall_report.copy_of_db2db_0_1.Copy_of_Db2Db.tFTPConnection_1Process(Copy_of_Db2Db.java:329)
at mall_report.copy_of_db2db_0_1.Copy_of_Db2Db.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_Db2Db.java:926)
connected
disconnected
at mall_report.copy_of_db2db_0_1.Copy_of_Db2Db.main(Copy_of_Db2Db.java:794)
Job Copy_of_Db2Db ended at 21:45 31/08/2012.
2 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Exception in component tFTPFileList

This problem has nothing to do with Java programming language.
Such kind of jobs are very common and should work.
The error message looks like, that the connection to the FTP server will not keep alive.
Try to establish the connection within the tFTPFileList as well as in tFTPGet and avoid using a external tFTPConnection.
This forces creating a new connection every time it is needed.
One Star

Re: Exception in component tFTPFileList

Thanks jlolling
It is very strange! I did try isolating each connection and I get the same results. Below is some excerpts from the logs from both the server and client. As mentioned, I have tried multiple servers and all with the same results. Out of all the components I have been trying to learn, this is really the first issue I haven't been able to overcome.

/* Server log for Filezilla connection*/
Sat Sep 1 14:50:20 2012 CONNECT: Client "192.168.1.105"
Sat Sep 1 14:50:20 2012 OK LOGIN: Client "192.168.1.105"
/* Server log for tFileList connection */
Sat Sep 1 14:51:09 2012 CONNECT: Client "192.168.1.105"
Sat Sep 1 14:51:09 2012 OK LOGIN: Client "192.168.1.105"
/* Dialog between client and server: */
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 (vsFTPd 2.3.5)
Command: USER roger
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
Response: 230 Login successful.
Command: OPTS UTF8 ON
Response: 200 Always in UTF8 mode.