One Star

Exception in component Error !

I am new to talend, i am trying to perform a tutorial job its giving me an error...
this is the first tutorial for talend open studio....
"5mn Demo - Set up a Join"
ERROR:
Exception in component tMysqlinput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid value for getInt() - 'AL'

Thanks
Khan
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Exception in component Error !

Hi Khan
Recheck your schema of 'tMysqlInput'.
You set a 'varchar' type column as 'int/Integer' column.
Then you will get this error.
Best regards!
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
I am still not sure, how to solve the issue.
wonder if you can explain in more detail.
Thanks
Ayaz khan
One Star

Hi
Sorry if i have confused you.
Let me make it clear.
Here is a screenshot which may solve your issue.
The schema of tMysqulInput should be the same as the schema of the table in database.
Best regards!
Pedro
One Star

Hi
I was going through the talend tutorials and faced the same issue mentioned in the first post.
I am not sure whether it is right to say "The schema of tMysqulInput should be the same as the schema of the table in database" . But for me it did not work
Though there wasnt any 'varchar' type column set as 'int/Integer' column, i still got the error.
The issue got resolved only after i modified the schema of tMysqulInput to match with query .Selecting Guess schema modified the schema to right one.
It is confusing in the example the states schema shows as 2 columns and next picture shows 5 columns . Check Talend_tutorial_1.jpg and Talend_tutorial_2.jpg

Hi,
Are you talking about the tutorials How to retrieve schemas from a Db Connection Metadata? If so. it is Ok in my side. The display of column number is consistent.
If not this tutorial, would you mind giving us the link of the tutorial example you have mentioned?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

There are some steps missing from the tutorial as the row3(lookup) component does not have the correct columns in it if you create it as described (I tried it on Mac and Windows using 5.5 and 5.3.2 respectively). I modified that component directly by clicking on it and then deleting the unwanted columns. The query proceeds fine after that. 
My guess is that you need to save the job after modifying the query on the "states" table so that when you link it up to tmap the row3 component is created correctly. 
One Star

I had the same problem, but I got to solve the error
You can to try to create one new basedata and to link the components tMysqlInput with tMap. Look carefully the type of variables of the tables
One Star

Hello i try to make the talend tuto Demon5mn and i have the same problem. I precise i am really a noob with TOS and i do not understant the sql error 
Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid value for getInt() - 'AB'
When i look in Metadata>Data base connection>Demo5mn>Tables schema>States (table) i have the following error message :"the table retrieved have a default value retrieved from the database"
For the concerned field "Postal", when  go to see the schema of the table state i have the following type of db and type (see photo 1 attached")

Thanks for your help and feed back.
Where i have to change the false database type ?
Joël

When i go to see the SQL table structure using Cmd i can see that the database type for the field postal in the table states is VARCHAR

Thanks a lot 
Best regards
and sorry for my poor english