Eight Stars

Excel formula not working in Talend

Talend flow is given below

InputDBTable-->Excel-->tMap-->OutputDBTable (Input and output table is same)

Here, excel has formula in last 2 column's and i need to pull those results back to OutputDBTable. I have given the below formula in tMap but its showing me an error. Have anyone gone thru this scenario? Please suggest a solution to it.

"=IF(ISBLANK(B5),"",IF(OR(AND(ISBLANK(M5),ISBLANK(I5)),ISNA(VLOOKUP(B5,Demographics!C:F,4,FALSE))),0,IF(AND(OR(C5="Yes",ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(G5,CancerDx,1,FALSE))),ISNUMBER(D5),D5<=MPend,OR(AND(OR(H5="Yes",ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(K5,RadEnc,1,FALSE))),I5>=MPstart,I5<=MPend),AND(OR(L5="Yes",AND(ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(O5,PainEnc,1,FALSE)),ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(R5,Chemo,1,FALSE)),ISTEXT(VLOOKUP(U5,Chemo,1,FALSE)))),M5>=MPstart,M5<=MPend,IF(ISERR(DATE(YEAR(M5),MONTH(M5),DAY(M5)-30)),,P5>=DATE(YEAR(M5),MONTH(M5),DAY(M5)-30)),P5<=M5,S5<=DATE(YEAR(M5),MONTH(M5),DAY(M5)+30),S5>=M5))),1,0)))" 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eight Stars

Re: Excel formula not working in Talend

issue has been resolved by giving the formula in context variables in tMap.

5 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Unzip your xlsx, find your sheetname as .xml file, its pretty easy!

Eight Stars

I didn't get that, can you please elaborate? Are you asking me to convert xlsx to xml and then use it in Talend?

Eight Stars

issue has been resolved by giving the formula in context variables in tMap.

Nine Stars

A .xlsx  file is a zip archive. No conversion is needed. just unarchive.
So if you unzip the file... there are multiple xml files which you could read with xml reading.

Eight Stars

how to unarchive, please elaborate