Excel bug mode event

One Star

Excel bug mode event

Hi everyone,
First, I'm sorry for my bad English ^^
So, I got a problem which look like a bug ...
I try to open an Excel file with the tFileInputExcel component with the Mode Event option (less memory consuming)
My Excel file have only one Sheet ... if I try to read this sheet with the name, I've got this error :
"Cannot format given Object as a Number", and if I add one sheet on my file ... the error disappears. But I can't add a sheet automatically because I need to open it before.
So I tried to use the Sheet position but it didn't work too ...
Any solutions ?

Re: Excel bug mode event

Hi,
Could you please also indicate on which build version you got this issue?
Does it work when use Generation Mode(User mode) for your input excel file?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I'm on Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.1.0.20151029_1337
File is too big (I got the java heap space error) for the User mode, but with less data, it's working.
Edit for the first post : if I open the file manually and save it, then it's working fine.
I think it's a problem with the version of Excel used to create the file. Because when I save the file in my version with Microsoft Excel 2010, there is more file (when I open ".xlsx" with "7zip") in my Excel File...
There is :
xl/sharedStrings.xml
docProps/core0.xml
and the volume is less important (16 000ko -> 13 000ko after the backup)
It's probably a limitation on the development of the component.
Best regards

Hi,
This issue repro on  Microsoft Excel 2010 and big file? 
Could you please create a jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker? Our developer from component team will check it to see if it is a bug.

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

When I save the file in my Microsoft Excel 2010, there is no problem. Bug desappear. 
But I'm not the Creator of the file, and I don't know the original using version ...
Jira issue is created ^^