Excel 2007 Formatting

One Star

Excel 2007 Formatting

Hi All
Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything with my searching. I am using Talend (to great success) to take some daily stockfile CSV's and convert them to Excel so they can be referenced by a master Excel stock sheet we have created. When I am outputting to Excel I would like a few of the columns to be in "Number" format. If I output to an xls template with the correct formatting in place then this works fine, however when I am trying to do it to xlsx format all the formatting in the sheet is over written and everything is set to "General". Is this something anyone else has come across before or is there an easier way to set the format of some columns to be "Number"?
Thanks for your help, i've been bashing my head against a wall for an hour or so on this so I hope I am missing something stupid.
Cheers
Iain
One Star

Re: Excel 2007 Formatting

Hi Iain
Which version of TOS do you use?
Could you tell us more details to reproduce this issue?
Or we can't confirm whether it's a bug.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro
Thanks for your response. I am using Talend Open Studio 5.1.1 r84309. I am trying to append data to an Excel 2007 (xlsx) sheet but when I do it loses the formatting I have already applied to this sheet, if I use xls sheets instead then it works. Would you like me to attach my job and some files?
Thanks
Iain
One Star

Hi Lain
Please report it on BugTracker.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I have just done it then, thanks for your help.
Iain