Establishing HANA connection in Talend Open Studio for Data Integratio

One Star

Establishing HANA connection in Talend Open Studio for Data Integratio

Hi, I am new to Talend. My requirement is to extract data from SAP HANA/SAP BW as the source and populate tables in SQL Server target using Talend. Now, when I open the Talend Open Studio for Data Integration I do see the database connection option to HANA. When I create a new database connection, provide credentials of HANA server and click on check, I get error for ngdbc.jar missing. 
How should ngdbc.jar be downloaded? 
Also in the DI Studio Palette there is no component for Input and Output for SAP HANA. Does it not support it?

Can anyone please help

Re: Establishing HANA connection in Talend Open Studio for Data Integratio

Hi,
Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be installed to connect to sources and targets. Those libraries or drivers, known as external modules, can be required by some of Talend components or by some connection wizards or by both. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship certain external modules within Talend Studio.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules
tSapHanaInput component will be available in the Palette of Talend Studio on the condition that you have subscribed to one of the Talend solutions with Big Data not open source.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your reply Sabrina. So now I have installed the ngdbc.jar (which came as part of Hana Studio Client Installation) and I am able to connect to HANA system in metadata -> Db Connections. Also I found out that since there is no component in Palatte specifically for HANA in Data Integration Studio, we can make use of jdbc components like tJDBCInput (for this we should connect to HANA in metedata using general jdbc). Hope this is correct.
Now, I am looking into the SAP BW connectivity to the Talend Studio. Currently I have both Open Studio for data Integration as well as the subscription based Talend Studio for Data Integration. I found that the Open Studio does not have the SAP connections option under metada which is present in Subscription based tool. Also Palette components like tSAPDSOInput, tSAPInfoCubeInput and tSAPInfoObjectInput which are required when getting data from SAP BW system are missing in Open Studio which only provides option tSAPBWInput (through which can read a table only). So basically for reading data from SAP BW we should use the subscription based edition as it offers all the features that would be required?

Hi,
Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.
We have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Even if I download the tSAPInput and tSAPOutput from the Talend Exchange, how can I make connection to SAP unless there is an option for it under Metadata. I am not able to see Metadata for SAP Connections in Open Studio.

Hi,
You can connect your SAP server directly by using tSapInput/output component.(built_in mode)
Talend SAP components (tSAPInput and tSAPOutput) as well as the SAP wizard are based on a library validated and provided by SAP (JCO) that allows the user to call functions and retrieve data from the SAP system at Table, RFC or BAPI, levels.
SAP metadata (SAP wizard)will be available in talend subscription version not open source.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks for your prompt reply Sabrina. So I understand that I can easliy read data from SAP ECC tables using tSAPInput component.
But when reading data from SAP BW Infocube, DataStore Object or Info Object, the component tSAPInput would not work. So how the open studio caters to that? The component tSAPBWInput will have option to connect to a table only.
I am at a point in the project where we need to take a decision whether Talend Open Studio for Data Integration is capable enough to read data from SAP BW (DSO, Cubes). Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Hi,
Here is a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-6124
Usually, we use tSAPBWInput component to read a DBs table and extract field based on an SQL query.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Here i need a support on how to import the MYSQL data into SAP HANA database and specify if any tool are required. Present i am using TALEND Tool it has encountered an error so i need a best tool. meanwhile i have listed the error file as an attachment. Mainly i need to gain the knowledge on how to solve the errors. TALEND Tool is connecting to MYSQL Server but when i am trying to connect to SAP HANA Database it is not connecting. Please send the proper URL to solve the problem and required step wise explanation if possible.

Thank you