Four Stars

Error with FileDelimited Metadata

Hi

I am new to Talend and working on TOS 6.4.1 version. I am facing issue in creating FileDelimited Metadata. When I import file, In step 2 it is showing the data under File Preview but its throwing error in Step 3 and unable to proceed. Searched all the websites for solution but in vain. Below is the error message:

Error.JPG

Sharing my system details:

TOS: 6.4.1

Java: 1.8

Attached the details of sample data, Error message and corresponding Java version installed.

Please help me in fixing the issue.

6 REPLIES

Re: Error with FileDelimited Metadata

Hello,

Please ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Have you tried to repro this issue when use another input file? Does this issue repro on all your input files?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I tried with other file sources but nothing worked.

Could you please provide more details to set the environment variables. We do not have Admin rights to modify. So I need exact details to request our Admin Team to add/update the variables. Below are the existing values.

Env_Variable.JPG

Let me know if more details required.

Hello,

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter: Setting up the Java environment variable.

Please use JDK instead of JRE

• Set the JAVA_HOME Environment variable
  • Define your JAVA_HOME environment variable so that they point to the JDK installation directory.
  • Example: C:/Java/jdk1.8.x.x
  • Add the previously defined JAVA_HOME variable to the Path environment variable.
  • Example: <PathVariable>;%JAVA_HOME%\bin.

Additionally, if setting the JAVA HOME fails add the following line in the .ini file (example: Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.ini) for studio:

-vm path to java bin

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry for the delay in response. Just stuck up with other priorities.

I tried both the suggestions but in vain.

1. Added environment Variables for JAVA_HOME and PATHimage.png

2. Modified .ini file as below

ini_file.JPG

Please suggest.Smiley Sad

Regards,

Keerthi

Four Stars

Just adding one more point to my issue:

I am able to create flat file source if I create schema manually. Facing the issue if I try to import schema from file automatically.

Please suggest...

image.png

Hello,

We cannot repro your issue from our side on V 6.4

Would you mind re-installing your studio V 6.4 to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--