One Star

Error while using tSqoopImport component in Open Studio for BigData

Hi there,
I'm trying to use tSqoopImport component in Talend Open Studio for Big Data to extract a sql server table into HDFS using Sqoop.
However when executing the job I'm getting following error messages. Can someone advise what all do I need to fix.
Note:
I'm running this on Ubuntu14 client and my JAVA_HOME is pointed to /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting job SqoopTest at 10:23 07/09/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3446
connected
: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
Note: /tmp/sqoop-ubuntu/compile/59f62dd0a823faed91b88fda407b9f9b/cp_std_shift_amit.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.JobBase - SQOOP_HOME is unset. May not be able to find all job dependencies.
Error: cp_std_shift_amit : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
: mapreduce.Counters - Group FileSystemCounters is deprecated. Use org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.FileSystemCounter instead
Exception in component tSqoopImport_1
java.lang.Exception: The Sqoop import job has failed. Please check the logs.
    at edw_poc.sqooptest_0_1.SqoopTest.tSqoopImport_1Process(SqoopTest.java:375)
    at edw_poc.sqooptest_0_1.SqoopTest.runJobInTOS(SqoopTest.java:649)
    at edw_poc.sqooptest_0_1.SqoopTest.main(SqoopTest.java:506)
: org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Error during import: Import job failed!
disconnected
Job SqoopTest ended at 10:24 07/09/2016.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Error while using tSqoopImport component in Open Studio for BigData

make sure you are using the same java version for your hadoop cluster and talend studio
One Star

It works now after matching the Java version in Talend tool's preferences to the Hadoop. Great, Thanks for your help!
One Star

Hi,
please help me know how was it solved? 
thanks,
Rishit Shah
One Star

@amula, @amitjn1 :
Could you please help me out as i am facing the same error.
I'm using TOS_BD 6.3.0 (which uses Java 1.8) in my local machine and have connected it with a sandbox (Virtual machine) : single node cluster (Quickstart for CDH5.8) . This hadoop's java version is 1.7.0_67 so i have installed the same in my local and pointed the preferences in TALEND to that (Java 1.7.0_67) thus making both TALEND and Hadoop run has same Java version, but it still doesn't work. Any idea on where am i going wrong ?
I have also tried setting up the Sqoop Home and Config dir in .bashrc file in hadoop.
Error : WARN ]: org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - $SQOOP_CONF_DIR has not been set in the environment. Cannot check for additional configuration.
Note: \tmp\sqoop-Aj\compile\4f5bcdd65eb0ae3cc483d4e0f51f3a6d\table1.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
: org.apache.sqoop.manager.MySQLManager - It looks like you are importing from mysql.
: org.apache.sqoop.manager.MySQLManager - This transfer can be faster! Use the --direct
: org.apache.sqoop.manager.MySQLManager - option to exercise a MySQL-specific fast path.
: org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.JobBase - SQOOP_HOME is unset. May not be able to find all job dependencies.
: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient - DataStreamer Exception
One Star

Thank you so much admin, while giving us the opportunity to take their link on this forum
bottle flip