Error while running a spark job on AWS EMR.

Four Stars

Error while running a spark job on AWS EMR.

I have a job that is running well in local mode. But when I try to launch the same job on AWS EMR, I get the following error:  This is the error as seen from the Spark log files.

Diagnostics Info:
AM Container for appattempt_1525124598990_0007_000002 exited with exitCode: -1000
Failing this attempt.Diagnostics: File file:/Users/Desktop/TALEND/Talend-Studio-20180116_1512-V6.5.1/workspace/.Java/lib/metrics-core-3.1.2.jar does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File file:/Users/Desktop/TALEND/Talend-Studio-20180116_1512-V6.5.1/workspace/.Java/lib/metrics-core-3.1.2.jar does not exist
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.deprecatedGetFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:640)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileLinkStatusInternal(RawLocalFileSystem.java:866)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:630)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:452)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.copy(FSDownload.java:253)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.access$000(FSDownload.java:63)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload$2.run(FSDownload.java:361)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload$2.run(FSDownload.java:359)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1836)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.call(FSDownload.java:359)
at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.call(FSDownload.java:62)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
For more detailed output, check the application tracking page: http://ip-10-0-0-12.ec2.internal:8088/cluster/app/application_1525124598990_0007 Then click on links to logs of each attempt.

Note:
Looks like the talend job is trying to find the file "metrics-core-3.1.2.jar" from my local(developer) machine, but it is unable to find it. However I verified that the file exists and is accessible.

Can anyone help ?

Re: Error while running a spark job on AWS EMR.

Hello,

The metrics-core-3.1.2.jar file should be shipped within Talend Studio. Could you please create a case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance(webex) through support portal with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.