One Star

Error while loading data through THIVELOAD

HI I am getting error "PATH Illegal" while loading the data from thiveLoad. i am using talend open studio for bigdata with hotonworks sendbox
i am attaching the screen shot of my job  where i am able to create the table but the error is coming while loading the data. kindly help me on this.
-------------------------------------------------------
FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/root/testdata/05july.txt'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.101:8020/user/root/testdata/05july.txt to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/july is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver - FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/root/testdata/05july.txt'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.101:8020/user/root/testdata/05july.txt to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/july is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have give the full  permission also to files.

• Big Data
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Error while loading data through THIVELOAD

what is your config for thiveLoad?
One Star

Attached are my Jobs screenshot kindly help

Hi gauravg_21,
Can you upload again the screenshots you wanted to show, please? For some reason it didn't make it to your post.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Below are the screen shots of my job 

HI I am getting error "PATH Illegal" while loading the data from thiveLoad. i am using talend open studio for bigdata with hotonworks sendbox
i am attaching the screen shot of my job  where i am able to create the table but the error is coming while loading the data. kindly help me on this.
-------------------------------------------------------
FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/root/testdata/05july.txt'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.101:8020/user/root/testdata/05july.txt to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/july is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver - FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/root/testdata/05july.txt'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.101:8020/user/root/testdata/05july.txt to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/july is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have give the full  permission also to files.
One Star

At any how i am not able to post the screen shots this time i have tried the way u suggested 
One Star

you need to give "hive" user permission on the root folder you load the file from.
One Star

We are having the same Error : Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
Source directory owner is hive. Any suggestions?
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Courier; color: #ff2600}
One Star

Have you cross check your hive configuration in thiveload component... this type of error only coming in wrong configuration.
Other wise you can use tSSH component so you can run direct hive query into the Linux box.