Five Stars

Error while executing the .sh file of an exported job

Hi,
I have a job that executes simple data flow from sql server to mysql. I have exported the job as a .sh file. I am executing the job on ubuntu machine and when I execute the .sh file, I obtain the following error. 
Failed to execute the shell script.
import org.talend.components.api.runtime.ComponentDynamicHolder;
import org.talend.components.api.runtime.ComponentRuntimeContainer;

Seems like there is some compilation problem in the exported  farmerJob.jar. 
When tried to build the exported source code in Eclipse IDE along with all the dependent jars, found the following compilation issues inroutines.system.ComponentRuntimeContainerBase class

The problem is similar to  this bug  
 https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-35052 .

I have exported the standalone job.
May I also know the difference between standalone and autonomous job?
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES

Re: Error while executing the .sh file of an exported job

Hi,
On which build version you got this issue? Can you execute your job successfully in studio? Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi,
I got this problem fixed. It was taking the Default context variable, which had nothing defined in it. I had to change it to the context i was using.
When exporting the job how to make sure the .sh or .bat file uses the context file(s) I have defined and not pick up the default one?
Also, I do not have the option to export it as a autonomous job. I only have the standalone and other options. As of now I have exported the job as a standalone job. What is the difference among the two?
Regards
Rathi

Hi,
Actually, we have renamed export option "autonomous job" to "standalone job" since 5.4.1.
Here is a related DOCT jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/DOCT-3069
You can select "Context scripts" check box to export ALL context parameters files and not just those you select in the corresponding list when build a job as a standlone one.
For more information, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to build Jobs
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.