Five Stars

Error while connecting dbconnection in talend6.4 with oracle with SID

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: Got minus one from a read call
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3173)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: Got minus one from a read call
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:673)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:715)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:385)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:30)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:564)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
... 9 more
Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: Got minus one from a read call
at oracle.net.ns.Packet.receive(Packet.java:314)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocolStream.negotiateConnection(NSProtocolStream.java:153)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:263)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.connect(T4CConnection.java:1360)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:486)
... 15 more

I'm getting this error when I try to connect talend to soure database in the client server and surprisingly it connects when I try from my localhost talend in my system...Plz any one help me to sove this issue

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Re: Error while connecting dbconnection in talend6.4 with oracle with SID

Please validate the connection details using Oracle SQL Developer / Any other Clients and check whether you are able to connect with database.. 

Six Stars

Hi there,

It's quite possible that the database server either isn't accessible from the server on which you're running the Talend job, or that access is restricted by IP address, either by the database server directly or your firewall.

As @ashifa has suggested, try connecting with the Oracle Client (you'll need to do this from the server on which the Talend job is being run) and work any issues out using that, before trying to connect from the deployed Talend job.

Regards,

Chris

Five Stars

Thanks for reply, but its connecting through SQL DEVELOPER and its connecting through talend on my system

AND, its not connecting  on server where we installed talend

Six Stars

Hi,

You'll need to run SQL DEVELOPER on the server, rather than on your own system, as it does appear the problem is with the Talend server's access to your database server. This should then give you more meaningful messages if the connection fails, and it'll be easier to try different things which might solve the problem.

Regards,

Chris