Error while building job

One Star

Error while building job

I am getting an error while trying to do build job for a simple job i created that loads a file to a table. The Job executes just fine from the open studio.
I am using Talend Open Studio Version: 6.2.1
I am on Windows 8.1 64 bit
JDK version installed on machine: jdk 1.8.0_91, jre 1.8.0_91
While building... I changed the default Archive file location to a folder of my preference.
Build Type: Standalone Job
All options defaulted/checked (except apply context to child jobs, because its N/A for me).
Additional info:
I tried creating for Windows or Unix alone too, getting same error.
I am getting this exactly when the build job runs past the "setting classpath containers step".
I have attached the screenshots and also the .log file from my workspace
Below is the error am getting. 
va.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:252)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:162)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:104)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1483)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1388)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1393)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3257)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2053)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
.log.log

Re: Error while building job

Hi,
Could you please use jdk 1.8.0_5 instead to see if it works well?
We got some problems when use jre 1.8.0_92.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am having a similar issue. When will this be addressed? Unfortunately jdk 1.8.0_5 is not an option for me.
TIA
Ken
One Star

I tried after installing jdk1.8.0_5 and still got the same error.
After installing jdk 1.8.0_5, i then changed Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Jre -> ./...../jdk1.8.0_5/
And then tried closing the app, reopening, verifying preferences once again to make sure and then tried doing a build. Still got same error.
Anything else i can try?

Hi,
Does this issue repro on all your jobs or just a specific job? 
We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you attach it on the forum, please? That would be great.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This is happening for any job. These are my initial attempts to build jobs.
I am attaching the screenshot/log files using Upload feture. Letsee if you can see it.
(What did you mean by attach it on the forum, exactly? is there a different way than attaching it just during the reply)

Hi,
We cannot repro your issue on V 6.2.1,Window10.
Have you tried to reinstall your studio to see if it works? Did you set up your java environment correctly?
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Java&content-lang=en
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I was finally able to get through this problem after reinstalling.
First time when i installed, there were some error and i skipped some of them.
Now during reinstallation i paid attention to those errors and obbserved that they were due to longer path name.
So I reinstalled/extracted in just C:/talend folder. Now all is well. Installation/extraction did not have any errors and also no errors while building.
Thank you all for the help.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution here.
Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--