One Star

Error when "Enable Parallel Execution" enabled against Oracle database

Hi
I am using TIS 4.2.2 and have tried the "Enable Parallel Execution" option on two Oracle output components that are inserting data.
If I run the job with "Enable Parallel Execution" disabled it runs to completion without error. I enabled the "Enable Parallel Execution" option initially setting it to 10 and ran the job over the same data. The job gets to a certain point then fails with the following exception.

Exception in component tAsyncIn_tOracleOutput_3
java.lang.NullPointerException
at routines.system.ParserUtils.parseTo_Date(ParserUtils.java:162)
at dev.initial_load_template_0_1.Initial_Load_Template$1tAsyncIn_tOracleOutput_3_ParallelThread.run(Initial_Load_Template.java:13712)
I have reduced the setting to 2 but still get the error. I am also confused by how the commits are working when Parallel Execution is enabled. They are set to 10,000, there are 0 rows in the tOracleOutput_3 table and 25,000 in the Meta data table.
Has anyone had problems when using Parallel Execution? How does enabling it change to commit implementation?
Many thanks Dave
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Error when "Enable Parallel Execution" enabled against Oracle database

Hi
I Dont think its a parallel execution problem
Seems like for a date field is having null value.This is an error while parsing a Date filed having null value.
One Star

Re: Error when "Enable Parallel Execution" enabled against Oracle database

Hi Lijo
Thanks for the reply. The same data loads without error when the parallel execution is not enabled. Is there a difference in the way that error handeling is done with parallel execution such that the error is being caught when parallel execution is on but ignored when it is not?
All the best Dave