One Star

Error when opening up Studio jobs "Unable to access to url: "

Hi,
I have Talend Studio 5.1.1 installed on my local computer and I'm trying to edit certain jobs.
When I try to open any of the jobs I get the following error:
An error occurred( Unable to access to url: http://XXXXXXXXXXXX/org.talend.administrator). See logs for details.
Log Details:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Unable to access to url : http://c3cap02m:26395/org.talend.administrator
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.ServletUtil.getContent(ServletUtil.java:264)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.AdministratorClient.getText2(AdministratorClient.java:447)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.AdministratorClient.lock(AdministratorClient.java:544)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.lock(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:676)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.lock(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:479)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.lock(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:862)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.isEditableAndLockIfPossible(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1533)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkReadOnly(Process.java:2305)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.checkReadOnly(JobEditorInput.java:223)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.checkInit(JobEditorInput.java:81)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.<init>(JobEditorInput.java:66)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.ProcessEditorInput.<init>(ProcessEditorInput.java:39)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.ProcessEditorInput.<init>(ProcessEditorInput.java:34)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.action.EditProcess.doRun(EditProcess.java:105)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:589)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2751)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:401)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:568)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1882)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:601)
at org.talend.repository.viewer.action.RepoDoubleClickAction.run(RepoDoubleClickAction.java:102)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.RetargetAction.run(RetargetAction.java:221)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager$3.open(CommonNavigatorManager.java:185)
at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:843)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1131)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.handleOpen(CommonViewer.java:462)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1235)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:126)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

I then click ok and I can see the job but it's grayed out and I cannot edit it.
I've pinged the server and I am getting results back. I can also connect to the TAC through a browser.
I've tried reinstalling Talend Studio on my local machine but had no luck. I've also restarted Talend on the Server side (Command line, jobServer and TAC).
Could someone please help me with this?
Thank you,
-Humberto
7 REPLIES

Re: Error when opening up Studio jobs "Unable to access to url: "

Hi,
An error occurred( Unable to access to url: http://XXXXXXXXXXXX/org.talend.administrator). See logs for details.
Log Details:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Unable to access to url : http://c3cap02m:26395/org.talend.administrator

You are trying to open a remote project? It seems you have problem to access TAC server, could you please put the url in your web browser and access the administrator console?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
Yes, I am trying to access a remote project. We have multiple developers who access different jobs at the same time.
I pasted the url on IE and I can connect just fine but when I pasted it in Firefox (I have it so IE and Firefox share the same proxy settings) i was getting the following error:
"
Unknown Host
Description: Unable to locate the server named "c3cap02m" --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.
"
Solution:
Close Talend Studio (if open)
Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools menu then Internet Options, click on Connections tab and then LAN Settings and uncheck Use a proxy server
Rerun the URL again to ensure connection to the URL
Open Talend Studio
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
-Humberto

Hi Humberto,
Great it is fixed and thanks for your solution. Could you please mark this topic as "Resolved"? So that other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Many thanks
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
I looked around but couldn't find where to set it to Resolved. Could you please show me how to get there and I'll be glad to mark it.
Thanks,
-Humberto

Hi,
You should register and log in as a Community member first, then you'll get the link "Set this topic as resolved" link which is right underneath your initial post.
I have marked this topic as resolved. Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am also having the same issue but my error is different. below are the details.
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: REPORT of '/repos/uims/trunk': 502 Proxy Error (https://svn.illuminationworksllc.com)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.status(SvnEclipseHandler.java:232)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.revertIfHasAnyChange(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:445)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:337)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:312)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:263)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:221)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1764)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$2.run(LoginDialog.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: REPORT of '/repos/uims/trunk': 502 Proxy Error (https://svn.illuminationworksllc.com)
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:778)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1881)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.status(SVNClientImpl.java:300)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.status(SVNClientImpl.java:266)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.status(SVNClientImpl.java:257)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.status(SVNClientImpl.java:253)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.internalStatus(SvnHandler.java:447)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.status(SvnHandler.java:438)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.status(SvnEclipseHandler.java:195)
... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: REPORT of '/repos/uims/trunk': 502 Proxy Error (https://svn.illuminationworksllc.com)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doGetLocks(DAVConnection.java:176)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLocks(DAVRepository.java:653)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNStatusReporter.finishReport(SVNStatusReporter.java:94)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNReporter.report(SVNReporter.java:140)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNStatusReporter.report(SVNStatusReporter.java:72)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.handlers.DAVEditorHandler.generateEditorRequest(DAVEditorHandler.java:106)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.runReport(DAVRepository.java:1266)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.status(DAVRepository.java:813)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNStatusClient.doStatus(SVNStatusClient.java:367)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.status(SVNClientImpl.java:296)
... 14 more

Hi syed.amin,
Would you mind opening a new topic for your issue? Your issue is not related to current one.
Best regards
Sabrina
--