Error running autonomous job: "myJob_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ."

One Star

Error running autonomous job: "myJob_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ."

Hi, trying to run a Talend job on another computer after building it
I am currently getting the following errors with the Linux machine trying to run it from the command terminal:
1. When I'm in the folder with the .sh file in it I am using "sh myJob_run.sh"
The error: "myJob_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ."
2. The error: "Error: Could not find or load main class myProject.myjob_1_0.myJob"
This seemed to begin when I exported and imported my project to give it a new name, since it was still on DEMO. However I've tried importing the project to a new machine and then re-exporting it but I'm still getting this error.
These could be two very different issues so I thought I would start with the first for now, just wanted to mention the second while I'm at it.
Thank You Smiley Happy
Seventeen Stars

Re: Error running autonomous job: "myJob_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ."

could you please post the content of the myJob_run.sh and the directory structure. It is a bit a miracle for my why it does not work.
One Star

Hello, I asked this question elsewhere and someone suggested that it might be because there is a 'cd' command in the .sh script and indeed there is, it's the first line and reads:
cd `dirname $0`

So perhaps this `dirname $0` is not working properly?
Here is the entire script:
#!/bin/sh
cd `dirname $0`
ROOT_PATH=`pwd`
java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp $ROOT_PATH/../lib/activation.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/advancedPersistentLookupLib-1.0.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/commons-lang-2.6.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/jboss-serialization.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/mail-1.4.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/trove.jar:$ROOT_PATH:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/systemRoutines.jar::$ROOT_PATH/../lib/userRoutines.jar::.:$ROOT_PATH/dimshopper_1_0.jar: natcobidw.dimshopper_1_0.dimShopper --context=Default "$@"

The folder structure is attached as screen capture
Thanks
Seventeen Stars

This should work. The mentioned cd command is a shell command and the dirname $0 is the way to switch to the directory where the actual script lies.
$0 returns the command it self and dirname returns the path without the filename.
It looks like you are try to run your job on a Mac. That is also my environment and it works well usually.
Please try to start your script from a higher directory than your script lies - to get a dirname different than .
Please check if the export is probably done with a different user as you try to run the script (not very common but possible).
Use the Terminal, go to your directory (dimShopper) and try the command
cd .
Highlighted
One Star

I should have elaborated; I'm using ssh to login to a local linux computer running Ubuntu
Things do work well on my Mac, just not on the remote computer
Went above the folder and still got the error:
dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to dimShopper
When you say export with a different user, do you mean another Talend user account?
Seventeen Stars

well you have to call ./dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh (keep an eye to the beginning ./) !
I mean different OS user. The users in the Talend administration have nothing to do with, they are and not used to run scripts.
Seventeen Stars

Please test the cd command manually and check the rights you have on this directory! You need execution rights (x.r) to a directory to cd into.
One Star

Hi, I set permissions liberally to test throughout all subdirectories, and I can cd to them
I tried typing sh ./dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh and got the following output:
./dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ./dimShopper
Seventeen Stars

Ok why do you start a new shell (you start your script with sh) to run your script? Try ./dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh without the sh at start.
One Star

I get -bash: ./dimShopper/dimShopper_run.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
One Star

Hi, this post seems to be helping me with my 2nd error: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=125557#p125557
Still don't know what's causing the "myJob_run.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to ." error

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.