Six Stars

Error on preview when loading excel file

I've tried differents enconding, still the same error.

Here's the log:

object is not an instance of declaring class
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:461)
org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.generate(TalendJetEmitter.java:684)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:441)
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:432)
org.talend.designer.codegen.proxy.JetProxy.generate(JetProxy.java:54)
org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.instantiateJetProxy(CodeGenerator.java:444)
org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateContextCode(CodeGenerator.java:361)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.updateContextCode(Processor.java:637)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.generateContextCode(JavaProcessor.java:1585)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateContextInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:693)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:929)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:741)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1463)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1432)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:178)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.run(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:272)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:136)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.runWithErrorOutputAsException(ShadowProcess.java:371)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:86)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.excel.ExcelFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(ExcelFileStep2Form.java:1042)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Error on preview when loading excel file

I fixed by changing my .ini settings in the talend folder to:

-vmargs
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

2 REPLIES
Six Stars

I fixed by changing my .ini settings in the talend folder to:

-vmargs
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

Hello,

Great it is fixed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.