From Thursday, July, 9, 3:00 PM Pacific,
our Community site will be in
read-only mode
through Sunday, July 12th.
Thank you for your patience.

Error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell.getCellType()

Highlighted
Four Stars

Error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell.getCellType()

i am getting the following errors while i am trying to run my job with custom excel components. Can anyone please help me in resolving this. I have also attached the images for error,design and component details

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3635
[statistics] connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell.getCellType()Lorg/apache/poi/ss/usermodel/CellType;
at de.jlo.talendcomp.excel.SpreadsheetFile.isRowEmpty(SpreadsheetFile.java:752)
at de.jlo.talendcomp.excel.SpreadsheetFile.detectCurrentSheetLastNoneEmptyRowIndex(SpreadsheetFile.java:740)
at hr_analytics.span_layers_v2_0_1.Span_Layers_v2.tFileInputExcel_3Process(Span_Layers_v2.java:4972)
at hr_analytics.span_layers_v2_0_1.Span_Layers_v2.tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_1Process(Span_Layers_v2.java:751)
at hr_analytics.span_layers_v2_0_1.Span_Layers_v2.runJobInTOS(Span_Layers_v2.java:5595)
at hr_analytics.span_layers_v2_0_1.Span_Layers_v2.main(Span_Layers_v2.java:5263)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
[statistics] disconnected
[statistics] disconnected

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell.getCellType()

Hi
Are you using the Excel components developed and shared by jlolling without any modification?
Please provide the following information for us to be more better evaluate the issue:
Studio version?
Operating System (such as Windows 10, 64 bit)
Java version (such as Oracle JDK build 1.8.0_201)

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Highlighted
Four Stars

Re: Error java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell.getCellType()

Hi Shong,

Yes i am using custom components which developed by jlolling with out any modification. I have just opened the component given the path and ticked the required check boxes as in the attached screenshot.

Studio version : 7.0.1

windows 10 - 64 bit,

jdk 8u251 (1.8.0_251)

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi
The error indicates the required jar files are missing,
have you tried with the latest studio v7.3 or 7.2, I see jlolling marked the compatible studio 7.0 as retired.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog