Error in Talend Open Studio : Exception in component tDBInput_1 (t1) org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type timestamp : 2006-03-24-09.45.00.000000

One Star

Error in Talend Open Studio : Exception in component tDBInput_1 (t1) org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type timestamp : 2006-03-24-09.45.00.000000

I am using PostgreSQL which has two date columns with data type as "character varying". When I connect Talend and try to read the data. it gives me the below error: Exception in component tDBInput_1 (t1) org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type timestamp : 2006-03-24-09.45.00.000000. Even if I try to change the data type to string or use the available date patterns, it still shows the same error. Please let me know how to deal with this if I do not want to change the datatype at the DB level.

Thanks!!

Re: Error in Talend Open Studio : Exception in component tDBInput_1 (t1) org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type timestamp : 2006-03-24-09.45.00.000000

Hello,

Can you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? Screenshots of your job setting will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.