Error deploying job on SpagoBI

One Star

Error deploying job on SpagoBI

Hi,
When i try to deploy a job on my SpagoBI server I get this message in the logfile:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-01-16 17:45:04.469
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.sbi.engines.client.ui.wizards.JavaPublishOnSpagoExportWizardPage.restoreWidgetValues(JavaPublishOnSpagoExportWizardPage.java:148)
at org.talend.sbi.engines.client.ui.wizards.PublishOnSpagoExportWizardPage.createControl(PublishOnSpagoExportWizardPage.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:734)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:606)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
at org.talend.sbi.engines.client.ui.actions.PublishOnSpagoAction.doRun(PublishOnSpagoAction.java:88)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:556)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2587)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1740)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:567)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:3776)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1367)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1390)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1375)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1187)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3622)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3277)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:125)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

Talend version is 5.0.1, SpagoBI is 3.3
Anyone with the same problem ?
Any suggestions are welcome
Thanks in advance,
Corrado
One Star

Re: Error deploying job on SpagoBI

Hi
Please show me the info about your OS.
Can you reproduce this issue all the time?
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
Yes I have the same issue all the time, both with Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Windows XP.
Exactly, when I go for Deploy on SpagoBI in the job right-click menu, nothing appears on the screen and I get the error showed in the logfile.
Best regards
One Star

Hi
It's a bug.
You can create issue at BugTracker.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi,
I am using Talend 5.0.1 and my OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and SpagoBI Server 3.3 now i have already integrated SpagoBI server credentials in Windows > Preference > Talend > Import/Export > SpagoBi Server on my Talend Studio now when i try to export my jobs by right clicking over my job and then selecting Deploy on SpagoBI .My SpagoBI server is also running on the same machine.But my job does not get exported to the following folder SpagoBI_HOME\webapps\SpagoBITalendEngine\WEB-INF\classes and i am not being prompted to with any exception or error.
As in several tutorial i have seen that talend studio asks to select the prefered SpagoBI server to deploy the job to but i am not being asked for it i hope it is only asked in case when i have configured multiple SpagoBI server.
Thnx.