Error connecting to Amazon S3

Error connecting to Amazon S3

I'm using Talend Studio for Data Integration 7.1.1 trying to connect to Amazon S3 using the ts3_connection component.. I get an "Access Denied" error. I'm able to connect using the Key/Secret key via other methods but not through Talend. Is there a setting somewhere i need to change or something like that?

Forteen Stars

Re: Error connecting to Amazon S3

Hi,

may be issue somewhere, but 7.1.1 it is beta (and even not pre-relize)

do You want spend time for search for any issues?

If You not interesting for any specific features from 7.1.1 - use something stable :-)

in any case - error could be not in 7.1.1 but for check this at least need install it ...

-----------
Seven Stars

Hi ,

I'm getting the same issue and 7.1.1 is no longer beta I guess.

Does anyone have the solution or encountered this error before ?

Regards,

Karan Dama

Employee

Hi,

It is a one year old post and now 7.1 is a production version. tS3Connection will easily connect with Access Key and Secret key combination. But you have to keep in mind of the underlying policy restrictions for the AWS user and check whether you have selected right AWS region.

Once details are correct along with right access privileges, it will connect to S3 like a charm :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Seven Stars

Hi @nikhilthampi 

Thanks for your response , you are right I am using Talend 7.1.1 enterprise version.

I can connect to Amazon S3 bucket with tools like WinSCP  and Cyberduck.
These tools only alsk for Access ID and Secret Access Key , No need to mention the region and I can successfully connect .

I was not very sure about the region , so I tried all the regions in the drop down list but still I get an error saying Access Denied.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3865
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tS3Connection_1 (test_s3)
com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.AmazonS3Exception: Access Denied (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: DB1E0DF0E587CDA4; S3 Extended Request ID: 5XFHqp+sx2Ts3FNujFgYuVGqxtQp7oRFpxnObC6fYiFP9fa2ECqXm8Lga29+yyoS6Q/GsbP7vBo=), S3 Extended Request ID: 5XFHqp+sx2Ts3FNujFgYuVGqxtQp7oRFpxnObC6fYiFP9fa2ECqXm8Lga29+yyoS6Q/GsbP7vBo=
	at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient$RequestExecutor.handleErrorResponse(AmazonHttpClient.java:1658)
	at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient$RequestExecutor.executeOneRequest(AmazonHttpClient.java:1322)
	at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient$RequestExecutor.executeHelper(AmazonHttpClient.java:1072)
	at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient$RequestExecutor.doExecute(AmazonHttpClient.java:745)

I cannot understand , why the connection works from third party tool and not from Talend (Both being in same environment), am I missing something ?

s3connection.PNGs3connection2.PNG

Seven Stars

Hi All,

I'm not sure but this could be an issue/bug with 7.1.1 (Enterprise and Open Source version both), I shared my credentials with a colleague who is using Talend 7.0.1 enterprise version and the connection is working fine from Talend.

If possible , can someone report this if possible , I don't know where to Smiley Sad

Regards,

Karan Dama

Employee

Hi Karan,

Since you are using the Enterprise version, I would recommend you to raise a support ticket to Talend quickly so that they can look into the issue through Webex. They will also raise a JIRA ticket if the issue is due to Talend to get any required patch. It would be great if you could share the JIRA number if one is getting generated so that it will benefit other Talend community members.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Seven Stars

Hi ,

We had a screen share with Talend support ,

Unchecking the "Check S3 Accessibility" option in Advanced Settings fixes the issue
Currently there is no documentation available on what actually this option does.

Regards,

Karan Dama

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download