One Star

Error at example execution

I've downloaded and installed Talend Open Studio for Big Data.
If I run the examples code (ie, readme), I get the error listed below.
I've installed HP Quick Test Professional on my machine.
Any idea how to solve this?
Thank you very much in advance.
Mauro

connecting to socket on port 3420
connected
Loading HP QuickTest Professional Java Support (version 11.0.0.0) (SUN 1.7.0_25)
disconnected
log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" was loaded by .
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "out".
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\JAVA_S~1\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\JAVA_S~1\classes\jasmine.jar
5 REPLIES

Re: Error at example execution

Hi,
Which build version of talend open studio Bigdata are you using? Could you design a demo job instead of examples code (ie, readme) to see if there any issue repro?
In addition, please see the online user guide about TalendOpenStudioforBigDataInstallationandUpgrade. I have never set the " HP Quick Test Professional" path in java environment, I suspect that is the problem. Why didn't you use a standard Jdk 1.6 or higher for the talend product environment?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you Sabrina for your quick answer.
I'm using 5.3.0.r101800 version of Talend Open Studio Big Data application.
I've the same problem with any of the already available examples.
Anyway, if I create a new empty job and I run it, I've (more or less) the same problem (see error message below).
I'm referring to QTP because in the error log I see references to QTP folders.
Thank you again.
Kind Regards,
Mauro
Starting job test at 10:21 25/06/2013.

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\JAVA_S~1\classes;C:\PROGRA~1\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\JAVA_S~1\classes\jasmine.jar
connecting to socket on port 3948
connected
disconnected
Job test ended at 10:21 25/06/2013.

Hi,
It strongly recommended that use oracle java(java6/7, jdk 1.6 or higher) which is supported and approved instead of Quick Test Professional(not sure it can be used in talend product).
See the related reference Compatible Platforms.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I've Java 7 installed on my machine.
QTP is a testing tool to run automatic functional tests: during its installation, it modifies entries in the environment variables and, as far as I know, it needs those entries to work.
The problem is that there's a conflict between QTP and Talend.
I can't uninstall QTP (I need it): how can I overcome this?
Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Mauro

Hi,
so far there is no any reference and solution mentioned the compatibility between QTP and talend product in talend official website. I'm afraid to say that you cannot use QTP and talend product together if you must put QTP entries in the environment.
What's your purpose to use QTP? to test talend? How about using another test tool to avoid such "conflict"?
Best regards
Sabrina
--