One Star

Error While Executing Hive Query

connecting to socket on port 3603
connected
Exception in component tHiveInput_1
org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: Cannot modify mapreduce.framework.name at runtime. It is not in list of params that are allowed to be modified at runtime
      at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccess(Utils.java:255)
      at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccessWithInfo(Utils.java:241)
      at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:247)
      at sample.bigdata_0_1.bigdata.tHiveInput_1Process(bigdata.java:1084)
      at sample.bigdata_0_1.bigdata.runJobInTOS(bigdata.java:2338)
      at sample.bigdata_0_1.bigdata.main(bigdata.java:2195)
Caused by: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while processing statement: Cannot modify mapreduce.framework.name at runtime. It is not in list of params that are allowed to be modified at runtime
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.toSQLException(Operation.java:315)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.HiveCommandOperation.runInternal(HiveCommandOperation.java:108)
disconnected
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation.run(Operation.java:257)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl.executeStatementInternal(HiveSessionImpl.java:410)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl.executeStatementAsync(HiveSessionImpl.java:397)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.executeStatementAsync(CLIService.java:274)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.ExecuteStatement(ThriftCLIService.java:486)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1313)
      at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1298)
      at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
      at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
      at org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor.process(TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56)
      at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:285)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Job bigdata ended at 18:49 01/07/2016.

Please Help Me
7 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Error While Executing Hive Query

Looks like there is some issue in connection properties/parameters that you are using.
-Saurabh.
One Star

But i have checked the connection in repository.There it is showing connection is successful.
Please help me

Hi,
On which build version you got this issue? What's HDP version you are using?
Could you please take a look at a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-622?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi i am using hadoop hortonworks 2.3.4 .since it is not available i am using hortonworks 2.3.0 for making connection.When i enter all the credentials and checking it, it is showing Connection is successful.But when i write any query to fetch the schema in hive componen it is showing db connection failure. when i run the above error i am getting.It is not even allowing me to transfer files form hdfs to local.
Will there be any connection issues between windows and linux because i am using windows platform and i am connecting to linux platform through talend.
Please help me.

Hi,
Are you using Talend Open Studio for Bigdata 6.2?
Have you tried to use HDP 2.4.0 to see if it works? HDP 2.4.0 is officially supported at the time of the release of the Studio 6.2.
TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported Hadoop distribution versions

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am using Talend Open Studio 6.1.1.It is supported up to 2.3.0. Just simple execution also it is showing errors.Just tHdfsInput to tLog also not wroking.Please find the screen shots and please let me know what error it is pointing to

Hi,
With talend open Studio 6.1.1. It is supported up to 2.3.0. We don't use hortonworks 2.3.0 for making hadoop hortonworks 2.3.4 connection before.
Could you please try to use HDP 2.4.0 to see if it works? Which is officially supported at the time of the release of the Studio 6.2.
Best regards
Sabrina 
--