One Star

Error: Unsupported Hive2 protocol

Here is my case:
Talend Data Fabric 6.11
I created a job with 2 ELTHiveMap component, one's output as other's input,

I ran this job in Talend without any problem,
but after I build the job deploy to Cluster, start with the shell script cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_run.sh
I got the error message:
: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection - Error opening session
org.apache.thrift.TException: Unsupported Hive2 protocol
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:461)
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:178)
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:233)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.tELTHiveMap_1Process(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:684)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.runJobInTOS(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:1173)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.runJob(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:900)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.tRunJob_1Process(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:713)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.runJobInTOS(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:1124)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.main(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:841)
: project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp - tELTHiveOutput_1 Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://xxxxxxx (I masked the connection information): Unsupported Hive2 protocol
Exception in component tELTHiveOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://xxxxxxx (I masked the connection information): Unsupported Hive2 protocol
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:467)
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:178)
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:233)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.tELTHiveMap_1Process(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:684)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.runJobInTOS(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:1173)
        at project.cust_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp_0_1.CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.runJob(CUST_tsz_account_relationship_to_ez_cust_acct_rltnp.java:900)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.tRunJob_1Process(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:713)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.runJobInTOS(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:1124)
        at project.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_0_1.cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.main(cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master.java:841)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TException: Unsupported Hive2 protocol
        at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:461)
        ... 10 more

when I open the shell script cust_snapshot_acct_rltnp_master_run.sh
I found there are couple of hadoop related jar reference with different version:
#!/bin/sh
cd `dirname $0`
ROOT_PATH=`pwd`
java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp .:$ROOT_PATH...:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/hadoop-hdfs-2.7.1.2.3.2.0-2950.jar...:$ROOT_PATH/../lib/hadoop-hdfs-2.6.0-amzn-0.jar...
We have the reference to hadoop-hdfs-2.7 and hadoop-hdfs-2.6 at same time, also with other jar like hive-jdbc have two version,
After I remove the lower version (because my cluster is 2.7), then the job work properly.
All other job without multiple ELTHiveMap component works find, I checked those job's shell script file, no duplicated versionof jar reference.
Can you please check what cause the problem?
really appreciated.
Thanks,
1 REPLY

Re: Error: Unsupported Hive2 protocol

Hi,
For your Talend Data Fabric product, have you already reported a ticket on Talend Support Portal? In this way, we can give you a remote assistance through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.