Error: The method append(Object) in the type StringBuilder is not applicable for the arguments ()

Highlighted
Five Stars

Error: The method append(Object) in the type StringBuilder is not applicable for the arguments ()

Hello,

I'm using an Excel (all the data are String variables) trying to merge rows with replicated values. For example, if I have 5 rows with the word Monday i want Talend to merge this information in a single row setting the same text (I'm using tDenormalize for this). This is the job:

job.PNG

After executing job I get this error:

error.PNG

Code:

code.PNG

I would like to know why this error in the generated code appears. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: Error: The method append(Object) in the type StringBuilder is not applicable for the arguments ()

add a delimiter in tDenormalize. This should work.
Regards
Abhishek KUMAR

All Replies
Eleven Stars

Re: Error: The method append(Object) in the type StringBuilder is not applicable for the arguments ()

add a delimiter in tDenormalize. This should work.
Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

Thanks @akumar2301, that was the problem! 2 questions:

-If my Excel has null cells, how do i delete the default "null" value I get in the output? 

-I read tDenormalize can change input order. Is there any component or way to order the data again like the original order?

Thanks again!

Eleven Stars

Looks like you are trying to remove duplicated from file. You could use tUniqRow also.
I assume , tUniqRow will maintain the order of input .

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

Perfect, thanks @akumar2301 !

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch