Error Inserting data to Oracle using ELT

Four Stars

Error Inserting data to Oracle using ELT

I'm very new to Talend, getting an error when designing an ELT. The same connection works in a ETL design. 

Exception in component tELTOracleOutput_1 (myfirstELT)

java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Caused by: oracle.net.ns.NetException: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

I see ojdbc14.jar resolved the issue. Latest update from Oracle is to use ojdbc6.jar or ojdbc7.jar. I used both and same error. 

image.png

Tags (1)

Re: Error Inserting data to Oracle using ELT

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

6.5 community edition

Hello,

Are you using oracle 11? Oracle OCI? Have your already download ojdbc14.jar by the install external jars wizard of the studio?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello,

The is because of the listener issue.Please check the listener status on command prompt.

You can re-start it with the "lsnrctl start" command.

Four Stars

Thank you all for your time to help.

I use ojdbc6.jar as well as tried with ojdbc7.jar. The connectivity works on a regular ETL job. The issue is only with ELT job on the target table.

I couldn't find ojdbc14.jar because per Oracle, it is no longer available for download.

I will do some more research on my own and also seek help from other folks. Will post if i find a solution

Four Stars

Oracle isn;t within my laptop. It is accessible by an ETL or otherwise from command prompt. I use MAC. The oracle is configured by Service name on a EXA. Hope this helps
Four Stars

It is noticed the value of host, username isn't passed to the tELTOracleOutput. 

String driverClass_tELTOracleOutput_1 = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver";

java.lang.Class.forName(driverClass_tELTOracleOutput_1);

String url_tELTOracleOutput_1 = "jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@" + "" + ":"

+ "1521" + ":" + "";

String dbUser_tELTOracleOutput_1 = "";

String decryptedPassword_tELTOracleOutput_1 = null;