Six Stars

Error : If this component has output, there must be an input link to propagate the data - tFileFetch

I'm trying to apply some aggregation on the output of tFileFetch component but getting an error as mentioned in the subject after running the job. Below is the screenshot : 

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.23.55 PM.png

Any work around for this error ?

• Data Integration
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: Error : If this component has output, there must be an input link to propagate the data - tFileFetch

Right-click on tFileFetch, Trigger -> On SubJob OK, click on your file input component.
5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Error : If this component has output, there must be an input link to propagate the data - tFileFetch

I think tFileFetch should have an input link. You can do something like,

tJavaFlex -->tFileFetch --> tAggregareRow

Hope it helps.

- JG
Nine Stars

tFileFetch doesn't pass along the contents of the file it retrieves. To work on the file, connect tFileFetch to a file input component with a trigger link. Then connect the file input component to tAggregateRow.
Six Stars

Thank you guys for your reply.

@cterenzi I've tried setting trigger, but didn't get what component and which condition to use. Could you please elaborate ? 

Nine Stars

Right-click on tFileFetch, Trigger -> On SubJob OK, click on your file input component.
Six Stars

@cterenzi Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean tFileInputDelimited by file input component ? Or any other component ?

As tFileInputDelimited require file name/stream and schema to be defined, how can I achieve that ?

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.57.21 AM.png

UPDATE :

After research for a while, I got this :

https://help.talend.com/?_ga=2.238976835.2110167692.1495695405-1775967762.1495003860#/reader/KxVIhxt...