Error I can't get rid of : tFileInputMSPositional_1("header",,"1,3",false,true);

Five Stars

Error I can't get rid of : tFileInputMSPositional_1("header",,"1,3",false,true);

I have and error I can't get rid of:  tFileInputMSPositional_1("header",,"1,3",false,true);

I found it in the code and I'm afraid it may be a bug.  Below is the simple package I've designed.

I need to test importing a Multiple Schema File like this:

H12345FOO

D12TRAIN1499

Where H is the header and D is the detail row.  Example would be a transaction # 12345 Customer FOO,

bought 12 Trains for 14.99.  There could be multiple transactions in each file so you would see several H and D's.

No matter how simple I make the file I keep getting the same error.  Any ideas?

Talend is saying that one of the commas is wrong, however you can't edit the code so I'm at a loss.

("header",,"1,3",false,true)  

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Re: Error I can't get rid of : tFileInputMSPositional_1("header",,"1,3",false,true);

Great!
If the solution I proposed matches with what you expect, thank's to accept it and mark your case as solved.

TRF

All Replies
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Re: Error I can't get rid of : tFileInputMSPositional_1("header",,"1,3",false,true);

For header, pattern should be "1,5,3".
For details, it should be "1,2,5,4".
Don't forget that all records of the same type must match the same pattern.

TRF
Five Stars

I got it. The example I was using from a tutorial was flawed. The developer left out the Header value, which goes between those two commas. Only took a few hours of staring at it and finally asking a question on here, until it clicked.
Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Great!
If the solution I proposed matches with what you expect, thank's to accept it and mark your case as solved.

TRF

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download