One Star

Error : Could not find or load main class

I have this error appearing when I try to launch jobs on Talend DI. I know this is not a new topic but I have tried the solutions proposed, none of them works to my issue.
- I checked Preferences > Java > Installed JREs. There is already Java7. 
- My installation path doesn't contain spaces or blanks.
- I already tried to restart my computer/reinstall Talend DI.
Currently, none of these solution worked, I do not know what else to do.
I would be really grateful if someone could help me with that problem.

PS: this is the full error message - in german - 
"
Fehler: Hauptklasse 
clement.transaction_failure_dashboards_0_1.Transaction_Failure_Dashboards konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
Job Transaction_Failure_Dashboards ended at 15:54 25/08/2014.
"
Clément

5 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Error : Could not find or load main class

Hi,
Recently I refreshed my windows OS. I had worked without any issue for a year on Talend 5.3 and JDK 1.7_0_40. But after refresh, Java version got changed and I started facing this error. Surprizing issue is that same job would run without any issue some time, but most of times, it will through the same error which you have mentioned. It is definite that this is an error due to JDK incompatibility.
To get going, I downloaded and installed talend 5.1 and to my expectations, same job worked without any issue after import.
See if use case can help you.
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

Hello
This error : "Could not find or load main class"  means that Talend didn't find your workspace.

Make sure there is no space or special characters in the path of your workspace. (not necessarily Talend Installation directory)
Try to re-import your workspace

Hi,
Please take a look at online document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms page to see if you are on a compatible system.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi everybody,
we faced this error with a DI job.
We redeployed the job several times and restarted the jobserver, with no effect.
The solution was to delete all DI jobs in the job conductor and all job files in the server file system (generated jobs, log, ...).

Hi anastasios.patrikis,
The solution was to delete all DI jobs in the job conductor and all job files in the server file system (generated jobs, log, ...).

Could you please also indicate the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.