Encryption & decryption using Talend

One Star

Encryption & decryption using Talend

Hi,
I need the information of Talend capabilities to encrypt and decrypt data using talend.
Anyone can help?
Regards,
Omie

Re: Encryption & decryption using Talend

Hi,
Please provide more info about your Encryption & decryption and your requirement.
If it is the transmission data, dependent on your transfer mode, and we should not use a separate encryption. What's more, I have consulted our component group and they don't have any component to take the action Encryption & decryption. Do you want to use Talend component to achieve that goal?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I need to encrypt data source and then after successfully loaded the data source i want to decrypt it back as security purpose during data extraction.This is the requirement.
Yes, i am looking for component inside Talend to do any encryption and decryption function.
If you tell me that you didn't have the component is there any suggestion i can do this matter from Talend?

Regards,
Omie

Hi,
For talend component, we don't support your requirement. As we known that, talend just a ETL tool without the function of encrypt and decrypt data, especially in security part. I have no idea about that. May be some more professional guy will provide a useful suggestion to you. Sorry for that.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
That is ok Sabrina. Anyway thanks for your effort.
Regards,
Omie
One Star

Hi,
Even if this question is quite old, I've worked on several ways to do this with Talend:

Simple obfuscation using base64 encoding of passwords
Using tEncrypt and tDecrypt components from the forge
Using Jasypt ot JavaXCrypto librairies
Using pwdstore routine from the forge
I've written an article (in french actually, sorry, but with screenshots that should be enough for non french readers) describing all these ways to Encrypt password with Talend.
I'll be glad to experiment your own way if you use some others.

Best regards,
Gaël,