One Star

Encrypt DataBase Connectivity Passwords in Talend

Hi,
I am very new to Talend. I want to hide the Password characters assigned to different context variables in tjava component. The tmssqlconnection component uses these context variables to connect to the SQL database. I tried with the PAsswordStore procedure from the following link with no success.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Brad.
7 REPLIES

Re: Encrypt DataBase Connectivity Passwords in Talend

Hi,
Could you please take a look at document about TalendHelpCenter:How to setup encryption of the passwords in Talend Studio? to see if it is what you are looking for?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes Sabrina,
that is what I am trying to do. However, is there a way that we encrypt and decrypt the password in Talend using AES algorithm. I understood the decryption part in Talend. However, I still wonder how I encrypt the password in Talend. Please help.
Regards,
Brad

Hi,
Can you use encryption routine in job? Or You are looking for something embedded into Talend?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

If it is used in the job.....will it bring down the level of security? I am not sure. Please suggest whichever is more secure.
Regards,
Brad
One Star

Hi,
In an automated environment, I need to pass the KEY for decrypting the password into the Talend job. So the Talend job has both the decryption code and the KEY for decrypting. So that is not secured enough. Is there a way we don't have to pass a KEY for decryption and at the same time no password is displayed in plain text in the talend job.
Or, may be we can encrypt the whole talend job i.e, the .jar file  and before execution the job picks up it's decryption KEY from  a specified location on the fly. All this needs to happen in an automated environment. No human intervention should be required. Will that be possible?
This is very important as most corporates will have to run Talend jobs in an automated environment with the the best possible security features. That will make Talend super powerful. Please suggest if there is any way to incorporate these features.
Thanks once again for your constant support.
Regards,
Brad
One Star

Hi,
Any idea how we can make the Talend jobs more secure? Please advice.
Regards,
Brad
Six Stars

Put all your context variables in a .properties file and have the job load the values using a tContextLoad. Then use PGP to encyrpt the context file and have the job use the PGP component to decrypt at runtime before the context load occurs.