Empty export in java project

One Star

Empty export in java project

Hi all,
I'm a newby in using TOS.
I've developped a very simple job. This job works good within the application :
Starting job job_test_cotedazurenfete at 15:19 22/08/2007.
Job job_test_cotedazurenfete ended at 15:19 22/08/2007.

I use the "Export job scripts" function and try to run the job in a standalone configuration.
But when I launch the bat file, I've got a job_test_cotedazurenfete ClassNotFound Exception. When I look at the files in the export, I got all the jar needed to my database and file connections in the lib directory but the jar file of my job (job_test_cotedazurenfete.jar) is empty ! There's only a manifest.mf file...
Do I do something wrong ?
I'm using TOS v2.1.2r5184
Any help is welcome.
Best Regards,
Simon
One Star

Re: Empty export in java project

Hi,
Nobody using this feature ?
How do you run a java job from a shell ?
Best regards,
Simon
Employee

A lot of people are using the export. I think it's a major feature in Talend Open Studio.
We have recently discovered a bug on export jobs but only in one case : when the job was never saved before.
-> http://talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=1793
This is very particular use case and I do not reproduce your error neither in 2.1.2 neither with other versions.
Does this error occurs will all your jobs ?
What is your version of TOS.
Regards,
Michaël.
One Star

This behaviour occurs with all my jobs.
I'm using :
Talend Open Studio
Version: V2.1.2
Build id: r5184-20070814-1628
(c) Copyright 2006 Talend Inc. All rights reserved.
java -version return :
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)
Here a screenshot of an export with a tRunjob component : I've got the 2 jar archive1 but the both are empty (only the manifest file).
Best Regards,
Simon
One Star

I see from http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:java_windows that java 6 is not supported.
I'll try with java 5.
Best regards,
Simon
One Star

Same behaviour with java 5.
java -version return :
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Best regards,
Simon
One Star

Seems to be a bug :
I create a perl project and the export works in perl. The pl file is not empty.
So I create a new java project and in this project the export function works. (I've got the .java file and the jar archive contains my .class file).
I return to the old project but the export don't work in this project !!!!
I think I found the answer : there was a blank character and a '-' in the project name.
Best regards,
Simon
One Star

Hi,
I think TOS doesn't like the project I made.
Now, each time I try to open TOS, I've got a crash :
An error has occured. See the log file
....\.log
Here an extract of the log file :
!SESSION 2007-08-24 16:11:23.131 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_11
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2007-08-24 16:11:24.538
!MESSAGE A workspace crash was detected. The previous session did not exit normally.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-08-24 16:11:24.569
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (23).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1010)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:966)
many java errors
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element /PROJECT_TEST_CR_PACA/talend.project not found.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.AbstractDataTree.handleNotFound(AbstractDataTree.java:257)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.getData(DeltaDataTree.java:585)
many java errors
Root exception:
org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element /PROJECT_TEST_CR_PACA/talend.project not found.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.AbstractDataTree.handleNotFound(AbstractDataTree.java:257)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.getData(DeltaDataTree.java:585)
many java errors
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-08-24 16:11:24.584
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.team.core (129).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.team.internal.core.TeamPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.team.core.
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1010)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:966)
many java errors
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/resources/IResource
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.TeamPlugin.start(TeamPlugin.java:75)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:991)
many java errors
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-08-24 16:11:24.584
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.epic.perleditor (152).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.epic.perleditor.PerlEditorPlugin for bundle org.epic.perleditor is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:141)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:962)
many java errors
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/team/core/Team
at org.epic.perleditor.PerlEditorPlugin.<init>(PerlEditorPlugin.java:91)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
many java errors
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2007-08-24 16:11:24.584
!MESSAGE Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.epic.perleditor".".
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.epic.perleditor".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.start(InternalPlatform.java:1154)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:361)
many java errors

I've got a /PROJECT_TEST_CR_PACA/talend.project file in my workspace directory....
Best regards,
Simon
Employee

I think I found the answer : there was a blank character and a '-' in the project name.

Oh yes thaht's probably the answer.
Can you create a bug in our bug tracker please ?
About the second error : can you retry with your JVM 1.6 ?