Six Stars

Email notification in case of job failure or completed in talend

Hi Talend Folks,

• Whether it's possible to set Email notification in case of job failure or in case of job completed in talend.
  • If it's possible kindly share the full information.
2 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: Email notification in case of job failure or completed in talend

Hi,

Yes, it is, using tSendMail components, in the Internet section of component palette.

As there can be many places where a job fails, and it's usually important to know more than just that it failed, I normally attach a tSendMail via an On Component Error Trigger to any components which could possibly fail, and most can. I then build a meaningful email body with plenty of information about exactly where the job has failed, and include any variables etc. which might be relevant. By doing this I get useful feedback if any unattended jobs fail.

At the end of my job, I also have a tSendMail component connected via an On Subjob Ok Trigger to the last sub-job, which sends an email confirming that everything has completed successfully.

Regards,

Chris

Six Stars

Re: Email notification in case of job failure or completed in talend

Just re-read my reply, and it sounds like I attach a tSendMail via On Component Error to pretty much everything, but unless I expect the actual data to be a serious problem (and I'd normally handle this properly in the job) it's usually just database, Internet and file input/output components, plus anything which runs externally like tSystem and tSSH.