Edition of Talend that is "Talend Open Studio, but with SVN-integration"

Five Stars

Edition of Talend that is "Talend Open Studio, but with SVN-integration"

Hi,

is there an edition of Talend that is basically "Open Studio, but with SVN"?

I´m asking because i do not need all the features from Enterprise / DataServices / Data Fabric but only being able to develop my jobs and build jars from them (which i then run using a third party scheduler). However, i would like to have the SVN-integration to not make my development process blown up by a lot of manual version control steps.

So, what would be a good (and cost-effective) solution for this scenario?

Thank you

Markus

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Edition of Talend that is "Talend Open Studio, but with SVN-integration"

Hi,

I would suggest you to start with Data Integration Cloud version if you are not planning for any Big data related work.

For Cloud version also, you can download Studio and create the jobs from your local machine. But the advantages of cloud is that lot of overhead related to management is not there compared to on-premise version. Another interesting aspect is that you can use API builder facilities and sooner or later you will move to API since its the era of APIs :-)

Why don't you use the 30 day free trial to experience it yourself? Please refer the below link to register it yourself.

https://iam.eu.cloud.talend.com/idp/trial-registration?type=download&_ga=2.117750287.709755586.15496...

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

All Replies
Employee

Hi Markus,

There is no Open Studio coupled with SVN product currently available for Talend.

Since you are at the starting of the project, I would also suggest to use GIT as it is getting more popular compared to SVN.

If you are looking for open source version with GIT/SVN, then you will have to do some manual workaround where you will have to export the jobs and then manually manage the versions by uploading them to SVN/GIT.

Many of our customers use third party scheduling tool but still use the Subscription product because management of the project with authorizations will be very easy. You will also get many advanced connectors which will increased your job performance (a simple example is tparallelize component).

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Employee

And one last thing is that when you are doing a costing part, you need to assess the developers' + operation team's time (means cost) required for all the manual interactions for code handling, management and promotion + what is your plan when the project scales beyond a couple of developers.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Highlighted
Five Stars

Hi Nikhil,

thank you for your response.

I understood that there is no OpenSource version with SVN, so which one of the paid editions should i be using when i

- do not need the other paid features apart from SVN integration

- want to be cost effective in the selection of the edition?

Thank you

Markus 

Five Stars

"And one last thing is that when you are doing a costing part, you need to assess the developers' + operation team's time (means cost) required for all the manual interactions for code handling, management and promotion + what is your plan when the project scales beyond a couple of developers."

Yeah, had that in mind also :-)

Employee

Hi,

I would suggest you to start with Data Integration Cloud version if you are not planning for any Big data related work.

For Cloud version also, you can download Studio and create the jobs from your local machine. But the advantages of cloud is that lot of overhead related to management is not there compared to on-premise version. Another interesting aspect is that you can use API builder facilities and sooner or later you will move to API since its the era of APIs :-)

Why don't you use the 30 day free trial to experience it yourself? Please refer the below link to register it yourself.

https://iam.eu.cloud.talend.com/idp/trial-registration?type=download&_ga=2.117750287.709755586.15496...

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.