One Star

Edit Route Manifest broken in Studio

Hi,
I am using Talend Platform for data services 5.2.2 with nexus repository manager.
I have a classpath issue which requires me to edit my route manifest file. In Studio, choosing Edit Route Manifest gives me blank box where the Manifest details should display. This means I can only publish the route to my repository with the classpath issues unresolved. I will prefer to use the ESB conductor as part of the process of deploying my route but looks like this wont work in this case.
I don't want to have to edit the Route manifest directly then drop the kar file into the deploy folder of runtime manually, as this is a very manual process.
Any ideas how to get round this?
TIA
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Edit Route Manifest broken in Studio

Hi,
I am using Talend Platform for data services 5.2.2 with nexus repository manager.
I have a classpath issue which requires me to edit my route manifest file. In Studio, choosing Edit Route Manifest gives me blank box where the Manifest details should display. This means I can only publish the route to my repository with the classpath issues unresolved. I will prefer to use the ESB conductor as part of the process of deploying my route but looks like this wont work in this case.
I don't want to have to edit the Route manifest directly then drop the kar file into the deploy folder of runtime manually, as this is a very manual process.
Any ideas how to get round this?
TIA

Is it possible to automate the editing of the route manifest as well as publishing/deploying the route using scripts?
I want to avoid manual editing.
TIA
Employee

Hi TIA,
The 'Edit Route Manifest' UI should allow you to add any unexpected packages once during design. Something definitely sounds strange if the Manifest details don't show up at all in your Studio.
Is there anything peculiar about the route? For instance, was it originally created in a different version of Talend and imported into your 5.2.2? Also, have you tried creating a basic test route to see if the Manifest details show up for that one?
Best Regards,
Ben
One Star

Hi TIA,
The 'Edit Route Manifest' UI should allow you to add any unexpected packages once during design. Something definitely sounds strange if the Manifest details don't show up at all in your Studio.
Is there anything peculiar about the route? For instance, was it originally created in a different version of Talend and imported into your 5.2.2? Also, have you tried creating a basic test route to see if the Manifest details show up for that one?
Best Regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,
the Manifest details windows show up, but the Bundle-Classpath section of it is blank. I want to be able to alter the Bundle-Classpath in Studio.
I have attached a screenshot.
Thanks.
Employee

OK, I think I see what the problem is. In order to include a jar in your Bundle-Classpath, first you need to right click your route and select 'Manage Route Resources'. Add your jar(s) there, and then they should show up as options in your Bundle-Classpath. Each jar will have a checkbox that you will have to check to include the jar.
Best Regards,
Ben
One Star

OK, I think I see what the problem is. In order to include a jar in your Bundle-Classpath, first you need to right click your route and select 'Manage Route Resources'. Add your jar(s) there, and then they should show up as options in your Bundle-Classpath. Each jar will have a checkbox that you will have to check to include the jar.
Best Regards,
Ben

Thanks for the response Ben.
The jar I want to remove is already automatically included in the Bundle-Classpath after I export the route in Studio.
My Bundle-Classpath (not displayed in Studio as mentioned) is shown below. I want to be able to remove lib/jaxrpc.jar from the bundle-classpath from within studio rather than having to resort to using a text editor to do same.
The link to an earlier posting about this is http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30608
Thanks
-------------------------------------
Bundle-ClassPath: .,lib/axis.jar,lib/axiom-api-1.2.13.jar,lib/commons-
httpclient-3.1.jar,lib/xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar,lib/mail.jar,lib/axis2-kern
el-1.6.2.jar,lib/axis2-xmlbeans-1.6.2.jar,lib/saaj.jar,lib/axiom-impl
-1.2.13.jar,lib/XmlSchema-1.4.7.jar,lib/apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar,
lib/XBeans-packaged.jar,lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar,lib/activation.jar,
lib/EDSGen.jar,lib/axis2-adb-1.6.2.jar,lib/systemRoutines.jar,lib/use
rRoutines.jar,lib/talend_file_enhanced_20070724.jar,lib/jaxrpc.jar,li
b/WebServiceInput.jar,lib/axis2-transport-local-1.6.2.jar,lib/axis2-t
ransport-http-1.6.2.jar,lib/commons-lang3-3.1.jar,lib/httpcore-4.0.ja
r,lib/neethi-3.0.2.jar,lib/commons-discovery-0.2.jar,lib/talendcsv.ja
r,lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar
Employee

I see. That jar is probably being included as a part of one or more components you're using in your route. So removing it would likely require creating a custom component by modifying the right one.
Either way, it shouldn't be causing a classpath issue when you deploy. Is there a sharable version of your route that you can export and attach here? Also, are there any modifications you've made to your Runtime?
One Star

I see. That jar is probably being included as a part of one or more components you're using in your route. So removing it would likely require creating a custom component by modifying the right one.
Either way, it shouldn't be causing a classpath issue when you deploy. Is there a sharable version of your route that you can export and attach here? Also, are there any modifications you've made to your Runtime?

Hi Ben,
everything works fine in the runtime after deploying, if I remove the jar entry from the bundle-classpath using winrar utility. Its just that I will prefer to be able to do the same thing from within Studio.
The Runtime hasn't been modified.
Thanks
Employee

This sounds like it may be a bug. If you're able to share your route (or a scrubbed version), it would be helpful if you could create a JIRA describing this behavior with your exported route attached (using 'Export Items'). Otherwise if you're able to do so into the forums here, that would be almost as good.

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB