ESB Choice

Highlighted
Four Stars

ESB Choice

Hello, I'm new user of the communauty. I have a mandate for a public organization. Currently, the organization have a monolitic application based on Oracle Forms and Oracle Database. We have a project to replace these application by software like CRM, Financial solution and maybe more. Futhurmore, we need to build and offer to the public some web services (gouvernemental portal). Currently, we dont't have any SOA architecture, ESB, etc.

Our target is to implement an ESB, Is it the good approach. But my question is: is it the good approach because we will have a few applications need to interact between and a few of services ? Futhermore, we don't have the expertise to define a ESB approach etc ...

Do we need an API Gateway or API management to expose our services at other gouvernemental units ?
I reach a quick  solution because we are a small organization with few data, few services and few ressources.

Thanks in advance for your comments and orientation

Employee

Re: ESB Choice

Hi,

At a high level, everyone is moving to APIs and you are planning to build a robust application ground up. Talend is having Cloud option where you can build APIs and you can easily integrate them to Talend Studio to be used with other flows. 

So I would say its a right approach and once you start more interactions with other govt organizations, you can create new APIs for those additional requirements.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Self-service Talend Migration: Moving from On-Premises to the Cloud

Move from On-Premises to the Cloud by following the advice of experts

Read Now

An API-First Approach to Modernizing Applications

Learn how to use an API-First Approach to Modernize your Applications

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer