Four Stars

ERROR: "java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect integer value: 'null' for column 'value' at row 1" (but no column called "value")

Hi there

I don't know if anyone can help with the above error but we've been trying to resolve it and have so far not been able to get close.

The error occurs when we use a tMySQLInput on a view and extract a specific row. The message appears self-explanatory (I think) but we have no column in our schema called "value" and there are no null values in the data.

We coalesce all the fields in the view to empty strings or to 0 values so we're sure about this, we have also set all our columns to be nullable in the schema. We can reproduce this error by using MySQL LIMIT clause with an offset and limit to 1 row to identify the specific row that causes the error.

I've attached a screenshot of the schema below.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks for any help.

David

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: ERROR: "java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect integer value: 'null' for column 'value' at row 1" (but no column called "value")

We managed to resolve this so I'll post the solution here in case it helps someone else.

The error was being generated by MySQL, not Talend. The tMySQLInput was reading data from a View which included a call to a user defined function. The error was in the function - this caused the query to fail, generating a Talend exception.

The View ran without any issues when queried using a MySQL client - we were able to load the data and export the entire query to a file using normal MySQL tools so we had eliminated this as a potential cause of the problem but for some reason MySQL appears to be more forgiving when using client tools than when Talend accesses it from Java.

David

3 REPLIES
Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

Re: ERROR: "java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect integer value: 'null' for column 'value' at row 1" (but no column called "value")

Hi,

It's strange =O

Click on the code view and find "row1.value", or try to check if something appear in red ... Sometimes the code can help to understand where is the problem exactly.

Good luck ..

SGV

Four Stars

Try changing to the code view and search for a variable named value there, maybe it is a variable in Java through an element you are using...

Four Stars

We managed to resolve this so I'll post the solution here in case it helps someone else.

The error was being generated by MySQL, not Talend. The tMySQLInput was reading data from a View which included a call to a user defined function. The error was in the function - this caused the query to fail, generating a Talend exception.

The View ran without any issues when queried using a MySQL client - we were able to load the data and export the entire query to a file using normal MySQL tools so we had eliminated this as a potential cause of the problem but for some reason MySQL appears to be more forgiving when using client tools than when Talend accesses it from Java.

David