ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator

Four Stars

ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator

Hi all,

I have big problem with my Talend 6.5. (I'm super newbie !!)

I can not use any of my jobs anymore. As soon as I try to launch a job, I always have an error message:

ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator  - InvocationTargetException

!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETException: InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:469)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.generate(TalendJetEmitter.java:684)
	at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:441)
	at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:432)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.proxy.JetProxy.generate(JetProxy.java:54)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.instantiateJetProxy(CodeGenerator.java:444)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateTypedComponentCode(CodeGenerator.java:435)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateTypedComponentCode(CodeGenerator.java:392)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateTypedComponentCode(CodeGenerator.java:378)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator.generateProcessCode(CodeGenerator.java:224)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.generateCode(JavaProcessor.java:570)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.maven.MavenJavaProcessor.generateCode(MavenJavaProcessor.java:84)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateContextInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:707)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:929)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateNodeInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:1153)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:517)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1506)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$1.run(RunProcessContext.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:527)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1190)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.exec(RunProcessContext.java:532)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.ProcessComposite.exec(ProcessComposite.java:1450)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.views.ProcessView$RunAction.run(ProcessView.java:691)
	at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.actions.RunProcessAction.run(RunProcessAction.java:58)
	at org.talend.designer.core.debug.JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.run(JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3774)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3412)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETEmitter.generate(JETEmitter.java:461)
	... 53 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown java id type : 'id_Geometry'
	at org.talend.core.model.metadata.types.JavaTypesManager.getJavaTypeFromId(JavaTypesManager.java:260)
	at org.talend.designer.codegen.translators.common.Subprocess_headerJava.generate(Subprocess_headerJava.java:527)
	... 57 more

An idea where can my problem come from ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Mag

Employee

Re: ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGenerator

Hi,

Could you please check whether the schema is correct everywhere? Please also refer some of the old posts with similar issue where they were able to resolve it.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Failed-to-generate-code/td-p/60935

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/resolved-failed-to-generate/td-p/1723

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Four Stars

Hello nikhilthampi

Thank you for your answer.

I had already read these 2 topics but it did not solve my problem.

I think it's a software problem since none of my jobs work.

My inexperience in this area does not help me solve my problem ...

Could this be a Java problem?

Thank you for all the help you want to bring me.

Best regards

Employee

Hi,

I have seen that patches have been provided for earlier versions to overcome this problem.

If you are using a subscription version of Talend, could you please raise a support case so that they can fast track this issue? If you are using a open source version of Talend, please log the bug to JIRA.

https://jira.talendforge.org

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Four Stars

Hello nikhilthamp,

I opened a ticket in JIRA.

I still have not found solutions to my problem.

I hope my ticket can bring me a solution.

Thank you ! Best Regards.

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio V 6.5?

Could you please try to restore the items to see if it works for you?

1. Back up the workspace.
2. Delete the workspace and restart the studio.
3. Import all items from the backup of workspace done in step1.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I tested with versions 6.3, 6.5 and 7.1 and I still have the same error.

I also with different jobs, and there the same, always the same error ...

That's why I wondered about a possible general error of java ...

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Magalie

Hello,

Could you please let us know what's JDK version are you using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I work under linux 18.04 LTS.

For java :

java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

In Talend, my configuration for JREs is:

Sélection_001.png

Best regards

Magalie

Hello,

You are required to install a JDK on your machine where Talend Studio is installed, and you must configure the JDK path in Window > References > Java > Installed JRES in Talend Studio before you build jobs. Please go to studio -> Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs
Remove the \jre from the value in the column Location.  Let us know if it is OK with you.

If you have several Java installations, make sure to remove the JREs in the Preferences > Installed JREs window, to avoid the JRE taking precedence over the JDK.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello
I confirm that it is a JDK installed on my system.

I deleted the "/ jre" from Talend's Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs menu and also removed the paths from other JRE directories.

I also delete all other JAVA versions of my system.

But unfortunately all this has not changed, I still have this error message and none of my jobs work ...

Best regards

Magalie

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables