ERROR connecting to Git: Cannot Open git-upload-pack

Five Stars

ERROR connecting to Git: Cannot Open git-upload-pack

Hello Experts,

We have been working on the Enterprise edition of 6.5.1 (latest) at my work and have been given a Studio package. All the git, TAC, Job Server are set-up. 

I get intermittent issues while logging into the Talend Studio. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Have worked with the Talend consultant on premises but with no luck.

Does anyone have an actual trouble shoot guide for connectivity issues between Git and TAC?

Are there any know issues with 6.5.1 (Big Data Edition) anyone aware of?

Please advise.

ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2018-03-27 17:43:58.539

!MESSAGE 2018-03-27 17:43:58,538 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - <my git web url>: cannot open git-upload-pack

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: <my git web url>t: cannot open git-upload-pack

at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.execute(LsRemoteCommand.java:221)

at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.call(LsRemoteCommand.java:159)

at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.GITProviderService.getShallowCloneBranches(GITProviderService.java:248)

at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.GITProviderService.getBranchList(GITProviderService.java:105)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper.getProjectBranches(LoginHelper.java:767)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginProjectPage$23.run(LoginProjectPage.java:1944)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: <my git web url>: cannot open git-upload-pack

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.connect(TransportHttp.java:551)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.openFetch(TransportHttp.java:311)

at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.execute(LsRemoteCommand.java:198)

... 6 more

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.http.JDKHttpConnection.getResponseCode(JDKHttpConnection.java:98)

at org.eclipse.jgit.util.HttpSupport.response(HttpSupport.java:196)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.connect(TransportHttp.java:489)

... 8 more

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)

... 25 more

Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(Unknown Source)

at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)

... 31 more

Thanks

Sid.

Re: ERROR connecting to Git: Cannot Open git-upload-pack

Hello,

With your Enterprise edition of 6.5.1,  have you already created a case on talend support portal? In this way, we will give you a remote assistance by webex session to see if a jira issue need to be raised on talend bug tracker.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: ERROR connecting to Git: Cannot Open git-upload-pack

I have met the same error.

I but my server TAC have no right to acces server GIT.

It is easy to test it. I entre the server TAC by remote a computor and start git url. it does not work.

So, you can check it firstly