Dynamic schema - tOracleInput

One Star

Dynamic schema - tOracleInput

Hi,
I am trying to export several oracle tables in differents .csv files, to anonymise some field using the .csv file and to reload data in the same Oracle database. For that, in a tOracleInput, I have defined a query which select all fields for every table (with context variable) and I have defined a dynamic schema
I face a problem, the comma in decimal field are replaced by a dot, and I need to have a comma as decimal separator to load the data in the oracle database. 
I have defined the decimal separator "," in my tfileOutputDelimited component but there is no change.
I can modify the csv files after creating it but there is a lot of line per table and it will take time.

Thanks

Re: Dynamic schema - tOracleInput

Hi,
I face a problem, the comma in decimal field are replaced by a dot, and I need to have a comma as decimal separator to load the data in the oracle database.

On which official version did you get that? Can you show us the screenshots of your input source and actual result?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have the Talend-Studio 5.2.1 version. 
I have a text file in input of my job which contains the tables and field name I want to extract. For each row I put the table name and field name in context variable.
I have joined a capture of my query.

For my problem, I found an alternative using a tJavaRow  : if (ColumnType.equals("id_BigDecimal") I call the method replaceAll() to change the dot in comma.
Thanks

One Star

Hi,

we are running into the same issue with version 5.6.2 and I wanted to ask if there is another
more solid solution for this problem? If the dot is the standard decimal separator for every connection,
the replacement method seems to be a workaround, but if not there is a risk.

Regards,
Ulli

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables