Dynamic_join

Highlighted
Five Stars

Dynamic_join

Hi,

i want to do the joining of two files dynamically based on the user input.example if user enter id it will join with id . how to do it in talend.

Thanks.

Nine Stars

Re: Dynamic_join

Hi,

I don't think you can change the columns you join on dynamically, but what you can do is change the data in a given column dynamically.

Example, in the 2 sources that require joining, add an extra column to both called JoinColumn, when the data is read in, populate this column from each source based on the user input, then just join on JoinColumn. This will probably have to be set as a String, formatting any non-string column values to string as need be.

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.
Eleven Stars

Can you please explain your senario with example and data.
Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

Hi akumar,

I have two files file1,file2  & i want to join those files dynamically based on user input.

for example user enter "ID" then ID column from first file should be join with matched column data of second file dynamically.

If user enter "Name" then name column from first file should be join with matched column data of second file dynamically.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach