Dynamic connexion with tFTP components

One Star

Dynamic connexion with tFTP components

Hi everyone,
I have to create a job with FTP / SFTP input, and FTP / SFTP output.
I want to select the type of input / output within the context file.
I used 3 tFTPConnection components for FTP / SFTP (with key) / SFTP (without key) as input, the same for output .
Then, my tFTP componnents (get, put, list, rename) has to be attached to the correct connection, at the run time. To do this, i went on the "dynamic parameters" and clicked on "+" to add "component list".
From what i understand, i should be able to put here a variable (context variable in my case) to define at the run time the connexion to use. But it doesn't seems to work that way: If i click to "basic settings" and come back, my variable is changed to a fixed value. If i have a look to the code, it also seems change !
Could you please explain me (or give links to pages) if it's possible to do, how to do that ...
A i can have 3 types of input, and 3 types of output, if i can't manage this way, this means copying interfaces and making 6 or 9 semilar treatments ....
Thanks a lot
One Star

Re: Dynamic connexion with tFTP components

Hi
Welcome to Talend Community!
The function of dynamic settings is to modify the Basic Settings and Advanced Settings of this component at runtime. It can't decide which FTP connection you are using.
I think you'd better put only one tFTPConnection here and change the context variables at runtime.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks Pedro for your answer.
"I think you'd better put only one tFTPConnection here and change the context variables at runtime."
=>at the begining i've tried to do what you says. text fields of my tFTPconnection are already configured using context variables, but to activate SFTP, it's a checkbox. I don't know how to modify a checkbox value using context variables.
"The function of dynamic settings is to modify the Basic Settings and Advanced Settings of this component at runtime. It can't decide which FTP connection you are using."
=> but the connection is actually set in basic settings, and in dynamic settings, the only value Talend offers me to change is the connection, that why i don't understand ...
One Star

Hi
Got it.
I try to use dynamic settings of tFTPFileList in TOS 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1.0.
The "+" button is always disabled.
It seems that tFTPFileList can not support dynamic settings of SFTP.
Noe the workaround is the job will be complex with more tFTPConnection and tFTPFileList components.
I feel sorry.
Regards,
Pedro